PDA

View Full Version : Watch my vu duo away from home?

khan888
18-09-12, 18:53
Is there a way to setup my vu duo so i can watch it from anywhere as long as i have a internet connection? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Cheers

Larry-G
18-09-12, 18:57
yes it's possible but you would need a very good imternet connection where the box is situated with a good upload speed. another option may be to use a monsoon media Vulkano box to stream channels and other content from the Duo to any internet enabled device, sort of like a slingbox but better.

khan888
18-09-12, 19:03
Nice one gonna have a look into the monsoon media Vulkano box looks like a good option

uscclarkey
18-09-12, 23:07
If you have a iphone or any i-device you can download an app called "dreambox live" its not free but well worth the money. i have a statick ip so when it comes to setting up the app i just put in my ip as the url use port 80 and my username and pass, witch is still root and dreambox, then connect from enywhare with a good internet connection. but you do need a fast upload speed at ur end. i have a 5meg upload speed at home and its still a bit glitchy. Allthough it has stopped working since i made some changes to my router and box. im not sure what i have done, but it was working when i first got my vu. it still does work on LAN though. if you dont have a statick ip you could use a dyndns server but im not sure how to set those up, maybe someone will read this and help you with that. but to answer your question it is possible
if anyone reading this knows what i could have changed on my network to stop the WAN side of this working please let me know.:cool:

basilyoung
18-09-12, 23:19
If you have a iphone or any i-device you can download an app called "dreambox live" its not free but well worth the money. i have a statick ip so when it comes to setting up the app i just put in my ip as the url use port 80 and my username and pass, witch is still root and dreambox, then connect from enywhare with a good internet connection. but you do need a fast upload speed at ur end. i have a 5meg upload speed at home and its still a bit glitchy. Allthough it has stopped working since i made some changes to my router and box. im not sure what i have done, but it was working when i first got my vu. it still does work on LAN though. if you dont have a statick ip you could use a dyndns server but im not sure how to set those up, maybe someone will read this and help you with that. but to answer your question it is possible
if anyone reading this knows what i could have changed on my network to stop the WAN side of this working please let me know.:cool:

look at the open ports allowed on your router, and make sure they are asigned to your unit

uscclarkey
18-09-12, 23:30
ok ill have a look. thanks:thumbsup:

joetwizzy
19-09-12, 08:12
Just a heads up. "iStreamGate" is virtually the same app but for a lot less money than Dreambox Live.