PDA

View Full Version : Reflash and Motor

safinn
18-09-12, 13:59
So I want to reflash my box as I am getting some crashes with mgcamd and crossepg.
I just want to know will it mess up the motor settings. Should I be on 0.8 west before I flash or what?

Thanks

Larry-G
18-09-12, 15:37
So I want to reflash my box as I am getting some crashes with mgcamd and crossepg.
I just want to know will it mess up the motor settings. Should I be on 0.8 west before I flash or what?

Thanks

Just create a settings backup. That will allow you to restore the motor settings.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

safinn
18-09-12, 17:06
Ok, right, How do I backup the settings?

Larry-G
18-09-12, 17:15
Ok, right, How do I backup the settings?

Blue button> ViX > backup manager = creates a full set of settings backups to your chosen location.
Blue button> ViX> Image manager = creates a full Image backup.

Blu-ray
18-09-12, 22:02
My friend has got a VU+DUO with motor setup using vix image,and has only set up 7/8 satellites,will a backup of my receiver with motor setup and using vix with about 25 satellites give him the same as me or will he just keep the same amount of satellites.

safinn
19-09-12, 14:39
Thanks guys. Successfully reflashed and running nice and smooth with the motor.

Good question blu-ray. I'm guessing it should work fine for your mate. Not 100% though. Best to see what a person who knows more says.

Blu-ray
19-09-12, 18:03
Was hoping Phoenix would know the answer?.

Larry-G
19-09-12, 18:35
Was hoping Phoenix would know the answer?.

sadly i cant be on the forum 24 hrs a day !.

a easy way to know would be to try it, saying that your backup would contain your settings IE your longitude and latitude ( you would need to enter his for his own location ).