PDA

View Full Version : not connecting to network

hilly
17-09-12, 20:33
Duo seems to be not connecting to my network anymore.Tried a different homeplug,cable,image and rebooting router but still not connecting to network.Im a bit lost as to what to try next any ideas please.

basilyoung
17-09-12, 20:40
you have made sure the other home plug is correct;ly connected to the router

also try a direct connection to the router with the unit hard wired ( lan cable directly connected )

Stanman
17-09-12, 21:51
What do you get when you run the network test?

hilly
18-09-12, 06:30
What do you get when you run the network test?

Sorry for late reply.Ran the network test and i get -

LAN Adapter LAN connection green tick
local disconnected
DHCP enabled
ip address unconfirmed
nameserver unconfirmed

when i check the name server its the right address for my router.Checked the homeplug with my laptop using the same cable and it connects straight away but i need a longer cable today to try the duo straight into the router.Checked the back of the unit and where the ethernet port is does not flash anymore like it used to.

Bt homehub 3 being used.Checked on the router and the duo is missing so isnt getting assigned a ip address.

Sicilian
18-09-12, 06:38
I'd re-flash the unit and test connected direct to router.

hilly
18-09-12, 06:45
will try that tonight and report back cheers

pooface
18-09-12, 07:48
Could also have been that the network cable is slightly loose at the back. I've had problems before where it needed pushing in further to actually work... I'd try pushing it in to ensure its fully connected before reflashing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hilly
18-09-12, 19:19
Been on tonight trying this again.Direct cable from router to duo,the lights have come on the back with one solid yellow and a flashing orange but still wont connect.Local network was showing connected now but still no ip address or nameserver.Went into my bt hh3 router and duo is showing as not connected lease time expired so changed ip address and still showing expired after restarting duo.Really think this is hardware problem.Im defiantly no expert but it seems the duo dosnt want a ip address.

basilyoung
18-09-12, 21:43
have you tried manuelly setting up the ip / server address
with dhcp disabled..ie
192.168.1.xxx

hilly
18-09-12, 21:45
have you tried manuelly setting up the ip / server address
with dhcp disabled..ie
192.168.1.xxx

yes i have,tried it all i think.

basilyoung
18-09-12, 21:47
one last idea,...have you a freind that will allow you to test at his/her place??

Stanman
18-09-12, 22:10
Try reflashing as Pheonix said but looks like a conflict between box and router and what you could do is restart the router and than the box to try and force it to get a new IP address in case its conflicting with another device.

Check on the router that you do not have any reserved IP

Also make sure box has DHCP enabled.

Maxwell
19-09-12, 07:55
Have you tried a full factory reset on the router rather than just a reboot, I very occasionally have to do this on mine as sometimes one or two of my network devices absolutely refuse to connect for some reason but all other devices are fine and a normal reboot does not cure it.
Also before you go reflashing the receiver just try doing a factory reset on that as well and use a direct cable connection

hilly
19-09-12, 20:33
Unbelievable,came in tonight after arranging return with the sponsor and thought right one last go at this.Shoved the direct cable in again fired it up and it decided to aquire a ip address all by itself.This is such a frustrating hobby at times:mad: but very rewarding too:D Thanks for all the help.