PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Customising Image

joetwizzy
17-09-12, 15:57
To what extent can the image be customised? I am looking at trying to remove the VCR scart option in the menu due to it being accidentally pressed on occasions. And maybe tweek a few little things? Are there any user adjustable files?

THANKS1

Larry-G
17-09-12, 15:59
To what extent can the image be customised? I am looking at trying to remove the VCR scart option in the menu due to it being accidentally pressed on occasions. And maybe tweek a few little things? Are there any user adjustable files?

THANKS1

If you know your way around python you can customize quite a bit of the image to your liking.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

joetwizzy
17-09-12, 16:03
Could you direct me to a couple of files?

andyblac
17-09-12, 16:12
Could you direct me to a couple of files?

here you go, unzip & replace this file in '/usr/share/enigma2' and restart enigma2

Larry-G
17-09-12, 16:14
sadly it's not really a area that i am particularity familiar with but some one like rob van der does may be able to help a bit more.

Rob van der Does
17-09-12, 17:51
There are two plugins I use for that purpose: 'PluginHider' & 'Menusort'. The combination of the two of them perfectly suits my 'need' to customise and sort all menu-items.
As both plugins have a license that don't allow us to add them to the feeds, you'll have to search a bit to find them. Once installed, just add the two folder locations (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MenuSort & /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/pluginhider) to your settings backup, and you'll always have them available.

Pluginhider adds the option to hide all plugins from the pluginbrowser. I use that, as many plugins shouldn't be used by a casual box-user. If I want to use any of those hidden plugins, I open plugin-hider.

Menusort can be used twofold:
1- To hide menu-items (like VCR-scart, Factoryreset etc). If one would like to use one of those hidden menu-entries, one can use this plugin to open them.
2- To re-order the sorting of the items in any (sub-)menu

joetwizzy
19-09-12, 20:22
@andyblac .. I used that file and it did get rid of the VCR scart option but it also made my box crash when I went into the settings menu.

Larry-G
20-09-12, 06:44
@andyblac .. I used that file and it did get rid of the VCR scart option but it also made my box crash when I went into the settings menu.

Upload the crash log here and maybe Andy can give you a revised edition.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Noiinteam
21-05-17, 13:48
Hi,

Trying to install these plugins on my ET8000, not sure where they go and in what format, can you help please?

There are two plugins I use for that purpose: 'PluginHider' & 'Menusort'. The combination of the two of them perfectly suits my 'need' to customise and sort all menu-items.
As both plugins have a license that don't allow us to add them to the feeds, you'll have to search a bit to find them. Once installed, just add the two folder locations (/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MenuSort & /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/pluginhider) to your settings backup, and you'll always have them available.

Pluginhider adds the option to hide all plugins from the pluginbrowser. I use that, as many plugins shouldn't be used by a casual box-user. If I want to use any of those hidden plugins, I open plugin-hider.

Menusort can be used twofold:
1- To hide menu-items (like VCR-scart, Factoryreset etc). If one would like to use one of those hidden menu-entries, one can use this plugin to open them.
2- To re-order the sorting of the items in any (sub-)menu

Joe_90
21-05-17, 16:08
You might have a better chance of an answer by starting a new thread. You do realise this one hasn't been active for almost 5 years :coffin:

abu baniaz
21-05-17, 16:18
the menu sort plugin causes a crash now anyway.