PDA

View Full Version : Newbie and VU+ Duo to Second TV

haigh.greg
17-09-12, 14:02
Hi all

Please go easy on me as this is my first post here. Last Thursday my Duo+ arrived from the sponsor and within 2.5 hours I was up and running, thanks to the guide on this forum.

Over the weekend I was playing with some of the streaming features with some limited success. I can stream to a PC using WebIf and this works fine to all my PCs, I can also connect using Dreambox live from iPhones and iPads. However where I am failing miserably is getting a stream to another TV in another room.

The kids all have Toshiba smart TVs that support DLNA but I can't get live TV to the TVs direct, despite enabling DLNA on the Duo+. Can anyone point me in the direction of some assistance.
My other option was to use a Raspberry PI running XBMC and this has limited success, I can see the Channel Lists, but as soon as I select a channel then I recieve an error "Unable to retrieve video URL". This is the same on a PC running XBMC, again any help greatly appreciated.

One last thought I had was to stream to an xbox 360, has anyone had any luck with this? Again any pointers?

Finally, all of the above failing then I believe I could purchase a second Enigma2 box for the other rooms and stream over my LAN from one box to another. Can anyone recommend a cheap HDMI box for doing this?

Many thanks
Greg

Trial
17-09-12, 14:25
Hi,
I had XBMC-PVR running at home for several weeks and it worked quite well. PVR edition is quite important because there is a special VU+ plugin included. On the non PVR edition you can only stream without EPG and other features. You need quite a new version because I think it was added to the nightlies 6 month ago.

I never used DLNA/uPnP for live TV but I read that it is possible with some TV sets using MediaTomb as server on the box. Perhaps you find some information when searching for MediaTomb and Eingma2.

ciao