PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Latest Vix, Sat Finder "forgetting" Tuner Manual / Predefined settings

clancger
16-09-12, 23:42
Hi,

I'm running the latest Vix set up from scratch about 2 weeks ago.

About every 2nd day at best, but a few times per day at worst, I get "tune failed" errors on channels that I know for sure are working and have not changed.

The solution seems to be that I go to Service Searching, Sat Finder, and redefining the transponder selection.

Sometimes it is only 1 tuner, sometimes its both that seem to have forgotten the settings. Equally the solution is sometimes to switch from Manual to Predefined, and sometimes vice versa. I have 1 tuner set to 19.2 and the other to 28.2, and both tuners are fed both by means of 2 Diseqc switches
I can't see a pattern in this at all, but the only indication is either failed recordings, or that either 19.2 or 28.2 channels (or all channels) are offline all of a sudden.

There was a discussion about FPGA settings on the Ultimo that sounded a bit similar, but I couldnt see anything similar for the Duo.

Any ideas anyone please?

Larry-G
16-09-12, 23:50
Hi,

I'm running the latest Vix set up from scratch about 2 weeks ago.

About every 2nd day at best, but a few times per day at worst, I get "tune failed" errors on channels that I know for sure are working and have not changed.

The solution seems to be that I go to Service Searching, Sat Finder, and redefining the transponder selection.

Sometimes it is only 1 tuner, sometimes its both that seem to have forgotten the settings. Equally the solution is sometimes to switch from Manual to Predefined, and sometimes vice versa. I have 1 tuner set to 19.2 and the other to 28.2, and both tuners are fed both by means of 2 Diseqc switches
I can't see a pattern in this at all, but the only indication is either failed recordings, or that either 19.2 or 28.2 channels (or all channels) are offline all of a sudden.

There was a discussion about FPGA settings on the Ultimo that sounded a bit similar, but I couldnt see anything similar for the Duo.

Any ideas anyone please?

although i cant really help with your problem i can point out that the FPGA upgrade is only for receivers with the plug and play tuners ( currently the uno and ultimo ). there is no FPGA update for the duo or solo so that does not apply to you and your situation.

Rob van der Does
17-09-12, 06:56
Please explain '1 tuner set to 19.2 and the other to 28.2, and both tuners are fed both by means of 2 Diseqc switches'. Surely no switches are needed in this setup?
And I also don't see what the Satfinder does in this story: the Satfinder doesn't change anything.

clancger
17-09-12, 10:41
Please explain '1 tuner set to 19.2 and the other to 28.2, and both tuners are fed both by means of 2 Diseqc switches'. Surely no switches are needed in this setup?
And I also don't see what the Satfinder does in this story: the Satfinder doesn't change anything.

My setup is as follows:

2 dishes @ 19.2 + 28.2. 2 cables from each dish are connected to 2 diseqc switches, so that both (brand new cables replaced about 2 mths ago) going into the house carry both signals.
Tuners are set up with both sats, but in opposing order, eg Tuner 1 has 19.2 first and 28.2 2nd and Tuner 2 the opposite.

This is the same setup I've had for over 2 years using the Duo + pretty much every Vix iteration to date.

The only issue I can detect is that calling up the Satfinder, I can see that the box is "forgetting" which transponder it's looking at at random.

As I'm writing this, I'm starting to wonder if I may have a defective Disecq switch, that could then be causing an intermittent error, and as each cable is giving both sats, then the error could be one sat or the other at random?

Rob van der Does
17-09-12, 10:46
My setup is as follows:
2 dishes @ 19.2 + 28.2. 2 cables from each dish are connected to 2 diseqc switches, so that both (brand new cables replaced about 2 mths ago) going into the house carry both signals.
Tuners are set up with both sats, but in opposing order, eg Tuner 1 has 19.2 first and 28.2 2nd and Tuner 2 the opposite.
Ahh, OK, that's different from what you said earlyer. The 'first' and 'second' port being used makes no difference, might easyer to set up both equal to each other.

The only issue I can detect is that calling up the Satfinder, I can see that the box is "forgetting" which transponder it's looking at at random.
Every time the Satfinder is opened, it will start fresh. There are no satfinder-settings that are being stored at all.

As I'm writing this, I'm starting to wonder if I may have a defective Disecq switch, that could then be causing an intermittent error, and as each cable is giving both sats, then the error could be one sat or the other at random?
Please use Satfinder to check both satellites on both tuners, and see if transponders for all 'quadrants' (High/Low-frequency, and Hor/Vert-polarisation) give a good signal.

clancger
17-09-12, 22:07
Ahh, OK, that's different from what you said earlyer. The 'first' and 'second' port being used makes no difference, might easyer to set up both equal to each other.

Every time the Satfinder is opened, it will start fresh. There are no satfinder-settings that are being stored at all.

Please use Satfinder to check both satellites on both tuners, and see if transponders for all 'quadrants' (High/Low-frequency, and Hor/Vert-polarisation) give a good signal.

I think I'm on the right path now. The Vertical polarisation on one of the feeds seems to be dead

Rob van der Does
17-09-12, 22:09
I think I'm on the right path now. The Vertical polarisation on one of the feeds seems to be dead
That might be due to a faulty switch or LNB. Switch switches or LNB-feeds to the switch to make sure which of the 2 is the culprit.