PDA

View Full Version : if money was no object, what reciever would you buy?

ivaninch
16-09-12, 20:23
Hi

I am not saying this is my possition but if money was no object, what receiver would you buy?

Cheers. :)

hsbajwa316
16-09-12, 20:29
Dreambox 8000

Larry-G
16-09-12, 20:31
Dreambox 8000

why ? DMM have discontinued the DM8000 and for the price it's seriously old tech. i'm looking forward to the Duo2 and gigablue quad. although i already have a Vu ultimo and its a fantastic receiver.

basilyoung
16-09-12, 20:45
I would go as Pheonix has said, but the problem lately, is there is loads of options available now, and beginning to feel soory for DMM

Mr. Mister
16-09-12, 21:08
and beginning to feel soory for DMM

Defo not.. they brought it all on themselves with the prices they are charging for their goods.. But thats another story.. lol

I also have the Ultimo.. ( Fantastic box btw ) and am looking forward to the Gigiblue Quad being released..

also.. The duo2..

ivaninch
16-09-12, 21:16
I think I may have acted in haste, I got my first box only 4 weeks ago, a new vu+ duo
I liked it so much I decided to upgrade so I have agreed to sell my duo with the intention buying a unltimo.

Maybe I should have hung on for the new vu2 boxes to be released.

Oh well, act in haste repent at leisure.

basilyoung
16-09-12, 22:08
in this game, if you wait for tomorrow, nothing will ever happen

Larry-G
16-09-12, 22:10
I think I may have acted in haste, I got my first box only 4 weeks ago, a new vu+ duo
I liked it so much I decided to upgrade so I have agreed to sell my duo with the intention buying a unltimo.

Maybe I should have hung on for the new vu2 boxes to be released.

nahh you wont regret owning the ultimo, its easily the best there is, currently in the Enigma2 satellite world in my opinion.

judge
16-09-12, 22:25

Doubt you'll ever regret buying a original VU box.

ivaninch
17-09-12, 01:37
Thanks all

Have just ordered an ultimo from the sites sponser.

Looking forward to getting my paws on it now.

Mr. Mister
17-09-12, 02:08
You cerainly will not be disappointed buddy.. Great buy..

And you will get all the support you need right here..

Congrates on your purchase..

bassethound
17-09-12, 10:09
Best box i have is the Vu ultimo excellent quality box with great support

sparky72
17-09-12, 10:15
I THink The Ultimo would be the best one to get i have the duo and its excellent .

snakie
17-09-12, 13:13
VU ULTIMO (with new double tuner:to be released later this year).I might wait for VU DUO2(year or bit longer-because my vu duo is still very good box).

Trial
17-09-12, 14:28
Hi,
as an E2 STB the Ultimo is the best at the moment. I concentrate on GigaBlue Quad, DUO2 and PrismCube. At least one of them will be in my room in the next couple of month:-)

ciao

im85288
17-09-12, 14:57
Have to agree with all the comments here, I have the Ultimo and am very happy with it however I still want for more! In particular I find the EPG to be really slow on all receivers I have ever tried (ie Ultimo, Duo, Xtrend, DM800se etc) trying to see what is on say in a few days is like the olden day computers when you would click a button and wait a couple of seconds for a response. I really hope the DUO2 or PrismCube or even the GigaBlue Quad (which I hear of for the first time) has the power to solve this and maybe provide metadata for the movies etc...

river-rat
17-09-12, 15:37
firsty would be a 84inch 4k tv, then look later to see what sat box can be the best for it