PDA

View Full Version : Backing up plugins!

khan888
16-09-12, 19:48
For some reason when I need to do a restore from backup the settings go back on the box fine but i have to reinstall my plugins every time.....is this normal or should they restore too?

Using latest vix image

Thanks

Trial
16-09-12, 20:24
Hi,
normally you will be asked if you want to restore your settings and after hat also if you want to restore your plugins

Ciao

gesendet mit meiner JB Tablette

Rob van der Does
16-09-12, 20:27
The only time that question doesn't pop up, is when you use a settingsbackup from an image with older kernel.

khan888
17-09-12, 00:38
Thanks for the replies. It does ask me to restore plugins but once the box has loaded up all my settings are back on apart from the plugins, my box is currently on kernel 3.1.1

Rob van der Does
17-09-12, 06:45
And the box does have a good working internet connection? During the First Install Wizard you can see that by the correct time being displayed.

khan888
17-09-12, 17:02
Internet connection is fine. It shows the plugins backing up but they just don't seem to restore. I'll just have to install them manually thanks for the help

Rob van der Does
17-09-12, 17:35
Is this in the First Install Wizard only? What if you skip the restore during FIW and restore via backup-manager?

Sorry for the dumb questions, but as I use restore several times a day and never have any issues with it, I'm trying to find out what goes wrong in your case.

khan888
17-09-12, 18:53
ok when the new build comes out which hopefully will be within the next couple of days i'll give it a try and report back...cheers