PDA

View Full Version : stuck on aaf

hotwire
16-09-12, 15:41
hi guys,

got a problem with my gigablue hd 800se. was watching yesterday and the picture froze. so changed channel and found that none of the channels were working. so i rebooted the box and was hoping that would solve it. still nothing no channels at all. then i noticed that there was o% snr on all of them. so i decided to reflash from scratch. tried many different images and bouquets with the latest bootloader and still nothing. what happens is the box will boot up and it just gets stuck with aaf on the box lcd and my tv shows openaaf. i can go through the whole box settings and everything but no channels will come up and there is no signal on any channel. all help and advice is much appreciated.

many thanks in advance hotwire

Larry-G
16-09-12, 15:43
I think there was a problem with the drivers although i could be incorrect, no doubt some one who has one of these receivers will be along to offer you the help you need as i dont have one my self so not too sure how to proceed.

hotwire
16-09-12, 15:47
thanks pheonix ,

will wait n see but thanks for ur reply i'll try n see if i can find anything on the drivers.

cheers mate

Sicilian
16-09-12, 16:03
Which exact image are using?

If using a single fixed dish, in tuner configuration set Send Diseqc to 'Yes' and reboot, even if you are not using diseqc.

hotwire
16-09-12, 16:13
thanks sicilian,

i am using the vix image and have set diseq to yes already but still no joy.

cheers mate

Sicilian
16-09-12, 16:27
You cant be using ViX if AAF is on the VFD. Somehow you've flashed the AAF image or it has something from AAF.

Flash the latest bootloader from here post 4 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18659-GiGaBlue-HD800SE-Bootloaders

Read the flashing instructions in post 3.

Then flash built 275 from here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=GiGaBlue-HD800SE/

hotwire
16-09-12, 16:40
thanks sicilian,

do i need to format the stick and remove the bootloader files from the root of the usb before i copy the image folder onto usb or do i leave those files on and copy image folder over ?

Larry-G
16-09-12, 16:43
thanks sicilian,

do i need to format the stick and remove the bootloader files from the root of the usb before i copy the image folder onto usb or do i leave those files on and copy image folder over ?

Best to format the stick, and never combine files when flashing images and bootloaders etc.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

Sicilian
16-09-12, 16:52
Bootloader 1st, then image. Do not flash together.

hotwire
16-09-12, 17:00
thanks sicilian and pheonix,

thanks for ur help guys. got the bootloader on and the image on perfect. have done tuner configuration and diseqc to "yes". everything gone perfect so far. but still no channels. i have put on mr mister bouquets. still no channels. now it says tune failed on screen after i goto a channel.

cheers guys.

hotwire
16-09-12, 17:54
ok guys,

thanks for all your help. i kept the box on for bout 15 mins while i was searching how to put cccam on and the channel just came on itself. checked all channels and working fine. many thanks to all those that helped.

cheers hotwire

Larry-G
17-09-12, 16:00
ok guys,<br />
<br />
thanks for all your help. i kept the box on for bout 15 mins while i was searching how to put cccam on and the channel just came on itself. checked all channels and working fine. many thanks to all those that helped.<br />
<br />
cheers hotwire
Nice to see you got things sorted. Congrats

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rizla13
17-09-12, 20:43
Nice to see all workin great hotwire