PDA

View Full Version : Improve SD quality

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 13:20
Hi
The HD quality on the box is amazing but the SD qality is awful, is there a way to improve it. Also I am having problems with the aspect ratio on some channels like sky 1 hd. It doesnt go to widescreen, how do I change its so that every single channel stays on widescreen.

Sicilian
07-09-10, 13:36
Hi
The HD quality on the box is amazing but the SD qality is awful, is there a way to improve it. Also I am having problems with the aspect ratio on some channels like sky 1 hd. It doesnt go to widescreen, how do I change its so that every single channel stays on widescreen.

What image do you have installed?

Check you A/V settings, set 4:3 to 'Just Scale'.

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 14:06
Its the dreamelite blackhole Release 1.0.0 2010-06-05

The 4:3 is already set to just scale, the 16:9 is also set to just scale and the mode is set to 1080i.

Sicilian
07-09-10, 14:19
Its the dreamelite blackhole Release 1.0.0 2010-06-05

The 4:3 is already set to just scale, the 16:9 is also set to just scale and the mode is set to 1080i.

I'd advise going with a newer image with newer drivers you will see a big improvement in SD picture quality. Why not try the VIX team image.

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 14:23
Can you provide me a link to that please

Edit
Never mind found it :)

pooface
07-09-10, 14:26
Search the forum. You'll find there's a post for it in the downloads section for vu plus, and also a post in this discussion section also which has a link to the download...

Likvid
07-09-10, 16:06
IF you go into the Video Enhancement plugin under Menu-System, you will see you have two "sharpness" functions, one is called Sharpness and the other one Scaler Sharpness.

The "Scaler Sharpness" is set at default "0" which means it makes the picture more blurry than it needs, just set it to half the value of 256, set it to 128.

The other Sharpness should be set to half, which means value 13

Why Scaler Sharpness is set to "0" i don't understand, because when you go above 128 you will notice edge enhancement, if you keep it 128 or below you will not get edge ringing and it should be set at 128 as default and not 0.

Go now back and you will notice the picture is noticeable sharper and clearer and not introducing any artifacts, this is the reason PLI images are cleaner and sharper picture than the rest.

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 16:45
Just installed the VIX image and its great, the SD quality has improved significantly,

However I cant seem to install cccam on it, I have downloaded it but cant find the CCcam.cfg file in etc folder

What shall i do

pooface
07-09-10, 17:12
Just installed the VIX image and its great, the SD quality has improved significantly,

However I cant seem to install cccam on it, I have downloaded it but cant find the CCcam.cfg file in etc folder

What shall i do

Use the cccam that you backed up, or create a blank cccam file...

jjp2701
07-09-10, 17:13

What shall i do

you need to put it in manually through ftp programe like dcc, and you put it in etc folder m8, use notepad and send it acroos m8

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 17:15
Use the cccam that you backed up, or create a blank cccam file...

How do i do tht

jjp2701
07-09-10, 17:24
How do i do tht

here you go m8

and use dcc to send the cccam.config file to your box

once installed to pc, then click on the right hand side put your ip of duo box

then password

then click ftp, then etc folder, then on the right handside window grab your cccam.config file, then click the arrow to send it over then all done m8

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 17:52
Thnx for that, I have copied the file to the box and edited the cline but still doesnt work. I tried both Ccam 2.1.4 and Oscam 2.1.4, what shall i do. :(

Sicilian
07-09-10, 18:15
After you copied the CCcam.cfg did you restart CCcam.cfg in the softcam menu? Highlight CCcam 2.1.4 and press ok and it will restart.

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 18:41
Tried that without any luck

zola25
07-09-10, 18:43
Have you rebooted after installing cccam i had to do that to get it to run the first time

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 18:49
yup rebooted about 10 times now

oyeioyei
07-09-10, 19:11
If i go to softcam setup, under Active cam info it says FTA next to system. Is that right. How do I delete everything related to cam so that i can start everything again

SDOCKER
07-09-10, 20:23
IF you go into the Video Enhancement plugin under Menu-System, you will see you have two "sharpness" functions, one is called Sharpness and the other one Scaler Sharpness.

The "Scaler Sharpness" is set at default "0" which means it makes the picture more blurry than it needs, just set it to half the value of 256, set it to 128.

The other Sharpness should be set to half, which means value 13

Why Scaler Sharpness is set to "0" i don't understand, because when you go above 128 you will notice edge enhancement, if you keep it 128 or below you will not get edge ringing and it should be set at 128 as default and not 0.

Go now back and you will notice the picture is noticeable sharper and clearer and not introducing any artifacts, this is the reason PLI images are cleaner and sharper picture than the rest.

Would you also use this setting for HD in your opinion?

Likvid
07-09-10, 20:40
Would you also use this setting for HD in your opinion?

Yes I run it both for SD and HD.

bob1
08-09-10, 07:12
Video settings will differ from screen to screen ,copying someone else's settings might not be the best for your screen ,also what people like to see differs weather its right or wrong.

SDOCKER
23-11-10, 21:30
Bizarely I can't seem to find this option again, it just gives me the scaler sharpness, I've been in all menus. i'm running Smoke HD on the VU+. Any idea where it's gone or where I can access it?

satmanbasil
24-11-10, 00:34
yup rebooted about 10 times now

Hi mate

if you started CCcam it will say that its active when you downloaded the .cfg file and other CCcam file did you chmod them 755 ?

regards
satmanbasil

bob1
24-11-10, 08:21
Bizarely I can't seem to find this option again, it just gives me the scaler sharpness, I've been in all menus. i'm running Smoke HD on the VU+. Any idea where it's gone or where I can access it?

What image are you using? i don't think all images have the video enhancement settings you might have to download it as a plugin.