PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo stuck

Barlin63
16-09-12, 15:12
Yesterday I updated to the new image 3.0xx and everything worked fine. Today I updated via the menu and after a restart the ultimo got stuck at the screen with the snow and the trees and is not moving at all. It is impossible to turn the ultimo off apart from the on/off button. I am not able to reflash:

- Using yesterdays USB stick nothing changed
- Cannot switch off the ultimo with the RC
- Switched off with the power button at the back.
- Switched ON while holding the minus but nothing happened.
- FTP still gives me the directory
- Web interface is not working

I do not know how to reflash because I cannot switch the box off with the button in the front and apparently the ultimo does not run the flash if it is switched on at the back.

Any piece of advise is appreciated big time!

ESM
16-09-12, 15:18
When you want to reflash do not forget to push the minus button on the Ultimo when you have inserted the usb stick with the image on it and restarted the machine.

Larry-G
16-09-12, 15:20
There was a problem with the 282 build image which caused a bootloop. for now dont update the image past 268 / 275 until we post that the fix has been pushed to the feeds. ( may have been already as i'm at work and unable to check ).

Stanman
16-09-12, 15:21
Download build 265 and reflash the box, there is a know issue with build 278 and luckily for you, the box has made a settings back up before it installed the updates so when it asks you to reinstall settings click yest and away you go.

Make sure when you flash only one USB stick is installed and DO NOT use the one you have settings backed up to.

Barlin63
16-09-12, 15:21
Thanks but I pushed the Minus button but still no results. After sometime (10-30) minutes I can turn it off via the RC but it restarts immediately. If I do that with the minus button pressed it just restarts.

- Removed all connectors
- Removed HDD
- Used yesterdays USB with no BU settings at all

Tried all kinds of ways to turn it off and on but no result.

Larry-G
16-09-12, 15:30
Thanks but I pushed the Minus button but still no results. After sometime (10-30) minutes I can turn it off via the RC but it restarts immediately. If I do that with the minus button pressed it just restarts.

- Removed all connectors
- Removed HDD
- Used yesterdays USB with no BU settings at all

Tried all kinds of ways to turn it off and on but no result.

start from fresh and format the USB stick to FAT32.
download the image file and extract the contents.
copy the folder named vuplus from the archive you extracted directly to the USB stick will all it's contents.
place the USB stick into any of the USB ports of the receiver and power the box on from the rear power switch.
you should see a prompt to press the minus button press this ( the button on the front of the receiver it self ).

if all goes well you should see the progress of the image being flashed via the VFD of the receiver and once done it will automatically reboot, this should take around 5 minutes for a fresh flash.

Barlin63
16-09-12, 16:21
Thanks for the swift answers:

- Completely formatted the USB (FAT32)
- Downloaded image 3.0268
- Copied dir Vuplus to USB directly with all contents
- Turned the Ultimo off and let it cool down for a minute
- Put the USB in the front USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (NO RESULT)
- Switched off. Put the USB in the back USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (GOT FLASHED)

THANKS for the support

Was not aware that there was a difference between the front and back USB

Larry-G
16-09-12, 16:25
Thanks for the swift answers:

- Completely formatted the USB (FAT32)
- Downloaded image 3.0268
- Copied dir Vuplus to USB directly with all contents
- Turned the Ultimo off and let it cool down for a minute
- Put the USB in the front USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (NO RESULT)
- Switched off. Put the USB in the back USB and powered the Ultimo without pressing the "-" button (GOT FLASHED)

THANKS for the support

Was not aware that there was a difference between the front and back USB

There is no difference between the front and back USB ports at least none that i have ever encountered in the whole time i have had a Ultimo ( since just after launch ). as for not pressing the - button it should not be possible to flash a image without pressing this button as it's a safety feature to prevent accidentally flashing the box like you can with a Duo.

Barlin63
16-09-12, 16:52
Well finally it worked for me with the back USB :-). Might be an option for anyone who has problems flashing the ultimo. The front USB worked well when I flashed for the first time (yesterday) but today none.

Now I can continue using this marvelous ViX image!!

Larry-G
17-09-12, 15:41
Well finally it worked for me with the back USB :-). Might be an option for anyone who has problems flashing the ultimo. The front USB worked well when I flashed for the first time (yesterday) but today none.

Now I can continue using this marvelous ViX image!!

Well at least you now have a working image installed. Now I recommend that once you have the image just to your liking, you make a full set of backups.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2