PDA

View Full Version : how to record on vix image with usb stick

jjp2701
07-09-10, 12:51
i have a external hard drive and a usb stick, now at the moment i am trying to record on the usb stick, but i cant get it to do this, it has been formated to fat32 plugged it in to the front usb slot and dont know what next ?

jjp2701
07-09-10, 13:25
i still dont know how to do this, can someone please help me, it is doing my head in

Sicilian
07-09-10, 13:34
This method for the Solo will work with the Duo and an external HDD so long as its got its own power supply http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?1798-Setting-up-your-external-USB-HDD-with-your-Solo-the-easy-way!

Btw patience is a virtue ;)

pooface
07-09-10, 14:19
Another thing you might wanna take in to notice, is that since it is formatted as fat32, it will be limited to 4gb file sizes... You might want to format it as ext2 or ext3 to allow it to record without the limitation (will be needed for most hd recordings)...

jjp2701
07-09-10, 14:28
so my pen drive wont work then ?

even to play avi and mkv and stuff

pooface
07-09-10, 14:48
As long as you mount it, and all the files are smaller than 4gb in size, it should work...

You would also need the unmount it before removing the stick in theory to save having any problems with the stick and it's contents...

jjp2701
07-09-10, 15:23
As long as you mount it, and all the files are smaller than 4gb in size, it should work...

You would also need the unmount it before removing the stick in theory to save having any problems with the stick and it's contents...

so how would i do this, i havent a clue, i have never recorded anything yet since i have had my box, and that is a while