PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Vu+ Solo Locking during EPG Download.

Craigyboy
15-09-12, 08:32
Hi all,

I have my new solo up and running and have set up Crossepg as per the sticky.

It is set to download once per day at the default setting of 04:00 however when I come down in the morning the receiver is stuck on the Openvix bootscreen with the "Starting Download" box in the bottom right corner. The box will not respond to anything from the remote in this state.

I am assuming this is the crossepg download as its not set to do anything else.

Any ideas what is wrong?

As an addition I have had several unprompted reboots when using 1 channel and am now wondering if there is a problem with the image installation.

Any help gratefully received.

Craigyboy.

Larry-G
15-09-12, 09:10
what exact settings are you using with CrossEPG and how many sources ahve you selected for your EPG ? as too many can and will overwhealm your box causing a crash.

as to 1 channel this is a known fault with the plugin it self, basically if you select a movie and or TV episode and the stream no longer exists it bombs out and crashes the box, this needs to be fixed by the plugins author.

if you have any crashlogs or debug logs then either upload them here or use the inbuilt logs manager on the image to send them directly to us.

Craigyboy
15-09-12, 10:12
I set up as per the sticky and only for 28.2. Cross epg setup is
no
no
no
once per day
04:00
yes
yes
no.

Open TV 28.2 as the only provider
I've just done a manual download from the plugin browser and it completed fine.

The logs I have are all related to 1channel. There are no logs for the crossepg problem as it has just frozen rather than rebooted with a crashlog.

irishchris
15-09-12, 20:52
I found had to setup a swap file for my solo as due to its memory limitations i also used to run into problems with the solo whilst running crossepg.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Craigyboy
16-09-12, 08:20
Cheers mate. I have the epg set to save on a 4GB usb drive so it shouldn't be that?

I set the automatic update to off last night and the box was fine this morning so it was definetely the download which was locking the box.

I noticed this morning I had "automatic save"" turned off in epg settings but the "once per day" option ticked in crossepg so maybe a conflict? I've now sorted that and see what happens tomorrow.

Rob van der Does
16-09-12, 08:43
I found had to setup a swap file for my solo as due to its memory limitations i also used to run into problems with the solo whilst running crossepg.

I have the epg set to save on a 4GB usb drive so it shouldn't be that?
A SWAP allows the box some more memory: useful on low-mem boxes such as the Solo & ET5000 for memory-extensive operations like EPG-downloads.
A SWAP-file has nothing to do with the storage location.

Craigyboy
16-09-12, 14:19
OK. Thanks guys. Every day is a school day.
I'll have a look at setting up a swap file and see if it helps.

xcase
29-09-12, 09:35
how do I setup a swap up file? my solo is locking every morning as well. With the same setup as above

Rob van der Does
29-09-12, 09:40
Menu --> Vix --> SWAP manager.
Use a device that has been formatted by the box.