PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please chaps

mmcmedia
07-09-10, 11:09
Need a bit of help please guys , the problem i got is iam on de 1.3.3.f and just l8ly the box is havin problems restarting it sticks on just starting on display on the box , ive got a hdd installed and my picons are stored in media/cf total of 1.4mb and memory useage is around the 90% mark .

Coupleof questions ive tried to put picons on a usb stick but it wont show them ,and is there any way to reduce the memory usage or can anyone recommend any good tips at all .

Also can someone point me in the direction of how to back my image with all the settings included

tia

bobonthejob
07-09-10, 11:54
To backup up your box...there was a backup plugin that could be used. I know you were able to download it from the feeds...but DE has since closed down and hence will be unable to to connect.

The box will have all the core element that it requires to run and these processes will use up the memory as required. Im not sure that there are any procceses you could stop to save memory becasue you will require the processes to be running...unless there are any addituinal plugins you have installed tht you dont require?

satmanbasil
07-09-10, 12:11
Hi mate

If you look at sticky all you need is there follow this link for the files ur need to install

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?262-Image-Backup-Scripts-for-VU-DUO-Dream-Elite-images-only

regards
satmanbasil