PDA

View Full Version : Installing Bootloader etc

ml1936
15-09-12, 07:55
Hi

Im really new to this.

Just bought a VU+ Duo yesterday and struggling what to do.

Can someone please confirm i have this right.

I download and unzip a bootlegger file off here onto a usb stick. Turn off box and insert usb, turn on. but nothing happens it says reading usb on box but then just goes to normal screen.

I tried doing the same thing with the latest image in case the box had bootlegger on but still nothing different.

Can someone please help?

Maxwell
15-09-12, 07:58
If you only got it yesterday there should be no need to update the bootloader.

Maxwell
15-09-12, 08:02
have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?3-How-to-flash-a-VU-Duo-using-a-USB-stick

ml1936
15-09-12, 08:37
Ive managed to install them, but the picture is not right. The menu has some of the right hand side missing how do i config corectly?

Maxwell
15-09-12, 08:43
Turn off the overscan on your tv is the best method of fixing that, if you cannot turn it off you can adjust in menu>setup>system>user interface>position setup

ml1936
15-09-12, 08:59
I have repositioned so its no hiding to the left but the date is in correct position but the bottom is now covered any iudeas?

Larry-G
15-09-12, 09:16
you have to reposition all 4 directions left / right then up and down to make it fit properly or as pointed out disable the overscan feature on your TV which is the better option as your tv is currently displaying every pixel at 1.05% it's true size, which distorts your picture quality.

ml1936
15-09-12, 11:42
Ive found the overscan on TV and its worked a treat! thanks so much!

ml1936
15-09-12, 11:49
Another problem now....

Im trying to download plug ins but it says 'sorry feeds seem to be in a unstable state, allow unstable updates in online update setup'

I cant find this to allow any suggestions where to look?

Stanman
15-09-12, 12:07
Go in to setup>software updates and enable unstable pdates and feed should show, BWARE that if you update the image when the icon is flashing red it is unstable and update at your risk.

Also feeds are currently being updated and that could also be why there down