PDA

View Full Version : vu+ uno loads but doesn't work

heaney
14-09-12, 09:46
Hi, recently my vu+ uno crashed and wouldn't respond to the remote control. I've refreshed it several times. So now puts stuck on video input screen or language selection depending on the image I have used. I purchased a new remote just in case it was a fault with my other one. The buttons on the box itself work. The remote codes aren't working. Can anyone help please.

Trial
14-09-12, 10:22
Hi,
do you use the correct recmote code? UNO and the RC can be programmed to use code 1..4. Check you manual how to set you remote to codes 1-4.

ciao

Larry-G
14-09-12, 10:24
press and hold 2 and 7 for three seconds until the led turns red
press help
press 0002

This will set the remote to the correct mode for use with the Uno.

heaney
14-09-12, 12:32
Hi, thanks for replies. When pressing buttons there is no led light on the box. I have read the system code change part in the manual. For UNO it's 'help' you press. I've also tried the other combinations that is used for other boxes. I can't set any code as the set top box isn't responding to the remote. I'm really confused.*

Larry-G
14-09-12, 12:37
Hi, thanks for replies. When pressing buttons there is no led light on the box. I have read the system code change part in the manual. For UNO it's 'help' you press. I've also tried the other combinations that is used for other boxes. I can't set any code as the set top box isn't responding to the remote. I'm really confused.*

to program the remote do exactly as i described above. if 0002 does not work for you try 0001 = 0003 or 0004. there are only 4 codes so one of them has to work.

heaney
14-09-12, 12:41
Hi pheonix. I hold 2 and 7 for three seconds. The only led that comes on is the tv button on top left of remote. I then press help, then 0001. Also, with 0002, 0003, 0004. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

redrobin
14-09-12, 12:42

You dont need to point the remote at the vu, just keep hold of 2 and 7 until the power button on the remote turn red

Larry-G
14-09-12, 12:45
Hi pheonix. I hold 2 and 7 for three seconds. The only led that comes on is the tv button on top left of remote. I then press help, then 0001. Also, with 0002, 0003, 0004. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

yes thats correct, press and hold 2 and 7 until the TV button on the remote goes and stays red. then press help followed by the code of choice. if that code does not work try one of the others.

heaney
14-09-12, 12:49
Pheonix it's still not working. I've tried all 4 codes. I purchased it through world of satellite via eBay but on some else's account who I don't have contact with now so I can't get the receipt to send it back. The buttons on the box work fine, the remote is brand new and works but the codes just won't work. Do I need to reboot the box or anything. I really don't understand how it's not working

Larry-G
14-09-12, 12:54
What exactly did you do to the receiver ?.

reset the code on the remote back to the default for the Uno / ultimo. which is 0002 then reflash the box with a new image and try again. I very much doubt there is any thing wrong with the remote it self.

heaney
14-09-12, 13:23
I was watching top gear on Dave and tried to change the channel. But it wouldn't let me. The remote was responding to codes. So I flashed it. No luck. Flashed several more times. No luck I have just flashed it again with vix 2.4 and used the remote codes you gave me but it stuck on video input screen. Every ten seconds it would flick between hdmi scart and ypbpr.

Larry-G
14-09-12, 13:26
Try flashing the box to the latest ViX 3.0 image then using the default remote code see if it works.

heaney
14-09-12, 13:30
I have flashed it with 3.0 also, it the one with snow, moon an trees on the opening screen. I tried to flash again with 3.0 buy on the box I noticed it said erasing flash. What does that mean?

Larry-G
14-09-12, 13:32
I have flashed it with 3.0 also, it the one with snow, moon an trees on the opening screen. I tried to flash again with 3.0 buy on the box I noticed it said erasing flash. What does that mean?

the process of flashing a image fires erases the older one already on the receiver, thereby removing any old or corrupt settings.

heaney
14-09-12, 13:35
Well it still not working and I can't send it back. It's only 3 months old. I'm in work most of the time and the box sits in my tv unit. If it breaks that easy then I definitely won't be buying another one

Larry-G
14-09-12, 13:45
Well it still not working and I can't send it back. It's only 3 months old. I'm in work most of the time and the box sits in my tv unit. If it breaks that easy then I definitely won't be buying another one

as i said i very much doubt there is any thing either wrong with the receiver or the remote and no they dont break easily at all, there has to be something wrong your end. have you tried the original remote again since flashing the receiver ?.

heaney
14-09-12, 13:51
Yeah I've tried the original remote. The led light on the original remote doesn't come on though. I really am confused as to why this is happening. I've done everything that I have been advised to do and read a lot of posts and still can't figure it out

Larry-G
14-09-12, 14:07
have you tried changing the batteries ? I know it sounds obvious but it's worth a try.

heaney
14-09-12, 15:27
hi pheonix, turns out one of the buttons was stuck haha. anyway ive flashed it again but i have to scan for services again and it doesnt seem to be working. its been a while since ive had to do it so ive either forgotten the method or its not working but im sure its me. ive configured the tuner buts its not picking anything up. can you help?

Larry-G
14-09-12, 15:41
hi pheonix, turns out one of the buttons was stuck haha. anyway ive flashed it again but i have to scan for services again and it doesnt seem to be working. its been a while since ive had to do it so ive either forgotten the method or its not working but im sure its me. ive configured the tuner buts its not picking anything up. can you help?

The newest ViX images also use the newest hardware drivers. you now need to upgrade the FPGA to work alongside of these drivers. The FPGA update is a critical update as it programs the chip that controls the tuner cards.

heaney
14-09-12, 15:44
Cheers. Where can I download the fpga? Do I put it on a USB stick and update it that wayor do I put it in the tmp folder?

Larry-G
14-09-12, 15:54
menu > plugins its called firmware update i think. you can download and update the FPGA directly there

heaney
14-09-12, 15:57
I've tried that but there are a list of folders. I can press green to upgrade which says takes 5 mins but doesn't actually do anything. Do I press on a folder.

heaney
14-09-12, 16:06
Ive managed to do the update but still no services found.

Larry-G
14-09-12, 16:11
I've tried that but there are a list of folders. I can press green to upgrade which says takes 5 mins but doesn't actually do anything. Do I press on a folder.

when you get to that stage you should see a file named TSpro.dat thats the FPGA file you click on.

heaney
14-09-12, 16:13
I've found the file and updated it. I'm still getting no services found. On sat finder the is no signal from satellite