PDA

View Full Version : User feedback on what meter to buy please

lumberjack
10-09-12, 23:30
Have a nikkai - (waste of time unless you know what sat you are on)

Manhattan DSM-4S Meter - Powered by stb for power so not ideal for hanging off a ladder.

Borrowed Horizon (works great but aint mine)

One of the sponsors here are selling a Satplus SH1106 D for £89
www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Finders-Meters/Satplus-MH1106-SH1106-Digital-LCD-Satellite-Meter-finder

can anyone give me feedback please

Don't want to buy cheap for the sake of it but if something does the job then I am interested.

It won't be used that often so did not want to spend several hundred's.

ta

basilyoung
10-09-12, 23:34
the sat meter is exillent,..i have one myself, easy to use, complete with a tv screen as well

lumberjack
11-09-12, 18:33
Thanks have ordered one to give it a try

lumberjack
12-09-12, 19:12
Impressed

Ok only just tried it but not the most awkward of things to get an initial up and run test.

Only my opinion but certainly worth the £89 inc next day delivery I paid for it

thanks

jfk
27-02-13, 16:05
I recently purchased a wavefrontier t90 dish and needs a good meter to set it up. I understand that the above meter is no longer availble. can someone recommend another meter that can do the same job?

lumberjack
27-02-13, 17:58
I would use that link to get to their site (or the scrolling bar at top of page) to go onto their site

Explain that you were interested in that one (Satplus SH1106 D ) and could they recommend a similar one in price and functions

I am sure they will help

I recently purchased a wavefrontier t90 dish and needs a good meter to set it up. I understand that the above meter is no longer availble. can someone recommend another meter that can do the same job?

manicscrewdriver
27-02-13, 22:46
I use a first strike FS1 meter for setting up my dishes. No complaints with it as its been an excellent meter for the money. You can see the screen in all weathers and most importantly you can see it in bright sunlight unlike some of the cheaper meters.

I can also confirm they bounce quite well too. I dropped mine from about 20ft on to a concrete driveway a few months ago. It just bounced and it it still works fine apart from a graze on the rubber cover :D

I also have a Rover DM16 which is one of the cheaper professional meters that does terrestrial (DVB-T) and satellite (DVB-S) , but that cost me just shy of £500 so unless your intending to install a lot of satellite dishes you may be better with one of the budget ones.

Nano

jfk
28-02-13, 16:14
I use a first strike FS1 meter for setting up my dishes. No complaints with it as its been an excellent meter for the money. You can see the screen in all weathers and most importantly you can see it in bright sunlight unlike some of the cheaper meters.

I can also confirm they bounce quite well too. I dropped mine from about 20ft on to a concrete driveway a few months ago. It just bounced and it it still works fine apart from a graze on the rubber cover :D

I also have a Rover DM16 which is one of the cheaper professional meters that does terrestrial (DVB-T) and satellite (DVB-S) , but that cost me just shy of £500 so unless your intending to install a lot of satellite dishes you may be better with one of the budget ones.

Nano

Can i use first stike meter to set up a dish that use multi lmbs with DISEqC switch? I only want to install one dish.

manicscrewdriver
28-02-13, 16:27
To be totally honest i've never used it for that, i always use the DM16 when setting up multiple lnbs with DISEqC. I cannot find anything in the manual that states it can do DISEqC.

Nano

jfk
28-02-13, 17:54
Any idea of any satellite meter out there that can do the multiple lnbs with DISEqC set up and not too expensive

TK4|2|1
28-02-13, 22:55
Don't think the cheaper ones can, mine can but that cost £2000

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Blu-ray
28-02-13, 23:04
I have a Satlink WS 6909 it does the lot and u can watch tv on it as we'll.

manicscrewdriver
28-02-13, 23:30
Wait until you drop it from about 6ft. I dropped my old one by accident from about 6ft and it disintegrated when it hit the tarmac. My FS1 has so far survived a 20ft drop onto concrete with nothing more than a graze to the rubber cover.

The Satlink WS 6909 is a fairly good meter for the money for hobbyist use, although from past experience you can't see the screen in direct sunlight and the readings are far from what i would call accurate, but just for setting up satellite dishes its a good all rounder for the money it costs.

Nano