updates:
-fixed reported bugs and logo download
-google news reader added to TSpanel application
installation:
-by update from previous version
-from TSpanel servers
- by manual and telnet methods
attached three files
-also for openpli users TSpanel available through openpli feeds-plugin browser-download-extensions-\TSpanel6.4
-mipsel for oe1.6 images,sim2 images and openpli 2.1(and openpli variants)
-mips32el-nf dm800 oe2.0 images(original)
-mips32el oe2.0 and openpli3.0

Larry-G
10-09-12, 17:30
be aware that any supposed items on this panel with the ViX name has nothing what so ever to do with the ViX team and we will not be held responsible for any nasties they may contain or if you cause damage to your receiver as a result of any tools used from this panel.

tandaman
10-09-12, 18:06
Well said Pheonix....But adding everything really to a box is at your own risk

gerrykiddy
16-09-12, 10:31
There are claims that this version works with the latest VIX image for VU+ Uno. Can you confirm please?

Stanman
16-09-12, 10:33
It may do Gerry but believe me having a local supply of plugin IPK as well as the knowledge of what goes where is priceless.

Using plugins such as TSP appears handy in the short term, long term it adds no value to getting to know your box or what goes where.

As for that argument I just want to watch TV, what will you watch when TSP disappears as these things do?

That old adage give a man fish and he eats and teach him to fish applies for this hobby

gerrykiddy
16-09-12, 10:41
Thanks for the reply and there was certainly no TS Panel when I started with this hobby. My interest is twofold. Sometimes people lose interest when they cant find these easy fixes and when I help people with set ups they have their uses. I wonder also if there is another reason why this and other "helpful" plugins are not working with the best image available.

Stanman
16-09-12, 10:56
That would be down to the plugin makes to adapt them for vix

Larry-G
16-09-12, 11:02
I wonder also if there is another reason why this and other "helpful" plugins are not working with the best image available.

If your implying that we have in someway stopped any plugins working with the image you are WAY WAAAAAYYYY off the mark.

The OpenViX 3.0 image has pretty much been re-written from the core level upwards for a number of reasons including making the image compatible with the OE-Alliance so that all member teams could easily take parts of the image to use as their own and vice versa. yes some older plugins no longer work but thats not up to us to ensure that every plugin under the sun works with the image. and for the record if you took the time to try it you would see that the newest versions of the TSpanel do indeed work with ViX 3.0.

gerrykiddy
16-09-12, 11:12
I think your caps lock must be sticking somewhere!
I have tried to install the 6.4 version downloaded from this thread. Is there another one. I would be very grateful on this cheery sunday morning if you could point me in the right direction, I have opened my mind in hope.

Larry-G
16-09-12, 11:18
I think your caps lock must be sticking somewhere!
I have tried to install the 6.4 version downloaded from this thread. Is there another one. I would be very grateful on this cheery sunday morning if you could point me in the right direction, I have opened my mind in hope.

I personally dont use TSpanel nor have any use for it either as i archive all the plugins i use on a SD card. from my understanding the version above works with the latest ViX images but i have not tested it nor will I.

I am curious to know what "helpful" plugins you believe we have disabled from working with the image ?, because i can categorically state now that we have not and never will for that matter disable any plugin from working with the image. If a user wishes to install crap on their system thats up to them. we just advise against it is all.

gerrykiddy
16-09-12, 11:33
Who suggested that any plugins have been disabled in an image that I have stated is the best. Only you have mentioned it in this thread. How can you tell me that the latest versions of the plugin works with Vix and then say "i have not tested it nor will I". I have tried it and I cannot get it to work. In the latest version (6.4) the Vix image no longer gives the Magic Number message so maybe it is my fault. I have explained why I use this "crap" and that should be enough.

Larry-G
16-09-12, 11:36
Who suggested that any plugins have been disabled in an image that I have stated is the best. Only you have mentioned it in this thread. How can you tell me that the latest versions of the plugin works with Vix and then say "i have not tested it nor will I". I have tried it and I cannot get it to work. In the latest version (6.4) the Vix image no longer gives the Magic Number message so maybe it is my fault. I have explained why I use this "crap" and that should be enough.

I simply refer you to your own words.

I wonder also if there is another reason why this and other "helpful" plugins are not working with the best image available.

gerrykiddy
16-09-12, 11:39
Blessed is the man who has nothing to say and actually says nothing.

meggiedude
25-09-12, 18:27
This is a strange old thread.
@gerrykiddy, I understand your frustration, and I can't understand the responses you have got here.

TSPanel is one of the most useful plugin out there, and I too want to get it working with ViX OE3.0

If people don't want to load it - fine.
If people are concerned that it will compromise the image - again don't load it.
Its all down to your level of paranoia. Any plugin has the chance of compromising your build. That's what backups are for after all.

As it is I still get the bad magic error. So has anyone got this working OK, and if so, with which .ipk file?

Cheers

MD

Larry-G
25-09-12, 19:13
This is a strange old thread.
@gerrykiddy, I understand your frustration, and I can't understand the responses you have got here.

TSPanel is one of the most useful plugin out there, and I too want to get it working with ViX OE3.0

If people don't want to load it - fine.
If people are concerned that it will compromise the image - again don't load it.
Its all down to your level of paranoia. Any plugin has the chance of compromising your build. That's what backups are for after all.

As it is I still get the bad magic error. So has anyone got this working OK, and if so, with which .ipk file?

Cheers

MD

This has nothing at all to do with compromising builds or paranoia or what ever other reason you want to pluck out of the ether. TSpanel has it's uses but personally i consider it to be nothing more than a tool for the lazy. you just have to look at the many and i do mean many posts we had on the forum when we first launched the ViX 3.0 image and it was discovered that TSpanel did not work with this image. People did not know how to load a simple bouquet list of manually FTP a .ipk file to their receivers.

There is no great conspiracy from the image builders to block the panel from working, it was totally unforeseen.

Mr. Mister
25-09-12, 19:17
Guys..

It has been written in this forum numourous times that this version of TSPanel is working fine in Vix 3.x

None of the beta testers will ever use this plug-in.. No-one has any idea what is in it.. Who could be watching you.. Whats logged in your use of the plugin.. etc etc etc..

Please understand.. That we only advise members not to use it.. But using it will be at your own risk..

i hope this clarifies this issue..

Rob van der Does
25-09-12, 19:37
... Who could be watching you.. Whats logged in your use of the plugin.. etc etc etc....
Don't believe everything that is being written here.
We have a whole team that's monitoring what all TS-panel users do, what they watch, if they consume enough advertisements, and (very handy since many boxes are being used with plugins for e-mail and telephone and even connected with hardware like (IP-)camera's) what other activities take place.
We are now working on embedding these functionalities, including so-called backdoors :eek:

meggiedude
25-09-12, 19:41
Guys..

It has been written in this forum numourous times that this version of TSPanel is working fine in Vix 3.x

None of the beta testers will ever use this plug-in.. No-one has any idea what is in it.. Who could be watching you.. Whats logged in your use of the plugin.. etc etc etc..

Please understand.. That we only advise members not to use it.. But using it will be at your own risk..

i hope this clarifies this issue..
and that's cool man - and like you say each to their own, and buyer beware..

Just I still get get the magic number error - but whatever.

@pheonix, please don't imply I am lazy man - I've seen this in one of your other posts on this subject.
You don't know me, what my skill set is, or whether I consider its a bus-mans holiday to sit at home editing Linux configs and ftp'ing stuff around, rather than actually using the set.
I've used TSPanel on BH - and guess what - the earth did not stop spinning.

Peace and love and stuff.

MD.

Larry-G
25-09-12, 19:45
and that's cool man - and like you say each to their own, and buyer beware..

Just I still get get the magic number error - but whatever.

@pheonix, please don't imply I am lazy man - I've seen this in one of your other posts on this subject.
You don't know me, what my skill set is, or whether I consider its a bus-mans holiday to sit at home editing Linux configs and ftp'ing stuff around, rather than actually using the set.
I've used TSPanel on BH - and guess what - the earth did not stop spinning.

Peace and love and stuff.

MD.

I said i consider the TSpanel a lazy mans plugin, i never once said any such thing of you or any other user, so who is being paranoid now then ?.

Trial
25-09-12, 19:58
Hi,

You must look for enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_6.4_mips32el.ipk

ciao

meggiedude
26-09-12, 11:49
Hi,

You must look for enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_6.4_mips32el.ipk

ciao
That's the one that's listed by the OP here. It still gives the bad magic number.

Trial
26-09-12, 12:15
Hi,
you should take a closer look to the OP.

ciao

meggiedude
26-09-12, 17:38
Ah, OK. My bad.
Will try that then. Ta.