PDA

View Full Version : Just got my vu+ duo working with VIX image! Awesome but why is there noise?

samad
07-09-10, 01:14
Is it cuz of the fan I hear the noise?

As soon as i turn my vu , i hear this Bzzzzzzz kinda noice.

Is it normal fan voice or something else?

Any way to get rid of it? It is quite annoying.

grtmoby
07-09-10, 01:24
try to switch off the fan and see if it goes away.

try to hold the box, may be small vibration or so, do u have a hdd installed inside

samad
07-09-10, 01:25
How do I switch off the fan? It is my first day with vu+, I have always been a dreambox customer.

And no I do not have any hdd installed, yes I did try to press the top to see if it helped but no.

is it normal?

grtmoby
07-09-10, 01:34
no this is not normal :(

to turn it off u need to disconnect it from the inside afaik. another solution is power off the duo, to get a stick and insert it between the fan blades to stop it from rotating. switch on the box and see if u still can hear the sound.

if yes, then more investigation must be done

samad
07-09-10, 01:40
That sucks! I will try it out 2mrow, its jsut annoying Zzzzzz kinda noise. I am pretty sure its fan.

Sicilian
07-09-10, 05:46
The VIX Image wouldn't be the cause of this noise, you would have had it in your previous image.

To check if its the fan, disconnect the power, remove lid from the receiver, disconnect fan, replace lid, power on and listen if noise is still there.

paul362
07-09-10, 07:46
Do as Sic says but don't jam anything into the fan in case you damage the circuitboard or fan itself just incase you return it for a warrenty repair.

bassethound
07-09-10, 08:59
Wheni got my VU i had the same problem its when the fan spins it causes vibration through the metal case to cure it i got some rubber washers from maplins now all quiet.

Tip dont over tighten the fan back to the case.

bassethound

grtmoby
07-09-10, 09:05
blocking the fan with a stick for few seconds won't damage it ;)

we even do it to cars to check body vibrations resulting due to fan unblanced :D

samad
07-09-10, 14:35
Hello friends,

thanks for some wonderful replies, I will try it out ASAP I get home.

No it is not the VIX image that is causing it, that I know 100%, because when I turned the box on straight out from the box, I could hear it.

It is born with the noise, but like everyone mentioned I will try to d/c the fan and power on.