PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Single EPG exit button defaulting to previous channel

XRD
08-09-12, 18:57
Hi, I used to have Vix 2.3, and had the single EPG set up so that I was able to change channels by zapping to them within the EPG and watch them while still in the EPG (channel preview mode). Then while still in the EPG, I could go several pages down etc. and then just press exit to continue watching what I had zapped to.

Now on 3.0 when I press exit, it is just defaulting to the channel before I zapped within the single EPG (black screen and channel change is frustrating compared to original behaviour of just smooth EPG exit). How can I get this behaviour back? Pressing OK a second time would mean I have to go back and find the same channel again which can be a lot of browsing. I tried searching for this feature but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Thanks

judge
08-09-12, 19:15
I'm sure It was also like this in VIX 2.3 & 2.4?
Or did you change the Channel preview mode? EPG -> Menu
You can also move back to the channel you had selected in EPG by using the < & > buttons.

XRD
08-09-12, 19:24
I have definitely always had channel preview enabled, as I often change channel within the EPG then have a browse around, before eventually giving up and pressing exit to leave to whatever I have zapped to in the planner. I use the < and > buttons to flick, but only after it's taken me back to the original channel again.

Stanman
08-09-12, 19:37
If your talkin about pressing UP/DOWN and than pressing OK to preview channel it needs to be enabled.

When in channel list press menu and setting is in there

XRD
08-09-12, 20:41
I have channel preview enabled already, I don't want it acting as a 'preview', I want it to fully zap to the channel - without leaving the single EPG.

Stanman
08-09-12, 20:52
It wont do, single press of ok should bring up the channel in the preview screen, double OK will take you into it and out of channel list thats how it is designed and has always worked this way.

XRD
08-09-12, 22:31
Ok, I get it wasn't designed that way but I 100% had this functionality as it is a major part of my viewing habits so I am very aware of this change in 3.0

I may be talking about a different EPG - not the single one - apologies. Whichever one appears when pressing up/down on the remote, that is the one I am struggling with (service list?).

Stanman
09-09-12, 12:44
That is the channe list.

Right hand side of TV = PIP of the channel
LFH = List of the channels?

If so (if not can you do a screen dump) than it has always been like this, you move through the channel list and press single OK and it will go to that channel and exit the channel list but if you only want to preview channels and remain in the list you need to change the menu option to double OK.

To change the menu option, press menu in channel list and select channel preview to yes.

XRD
09-09-12, 15:05
Ok, I'll try and get some proof!

sparky72
10-09-12, 21:32
what you need to do is
press channel up then
press menu
settings
select preview (top setting to yes )
works a treat i asked this question about two weeks ago and got it sorted :)
i think we are talking about the same thing