dbitalia
06-09-12, 22:04
Im having an issue since reinstalling VTI 4.2

I reinstalled the image and setup my motor with the following :

Config mode: Simple
Mode: Positioner
Longitude: 000.700 East
Latitude: 051.500 North

I know these are the correct settings as this is the config used by the installer & has been working fine until i reinstalled the image.

Its definitely not the hardware as i restored the factory Vu image along with default sat lists and i was able to view without issues. It must be something in the image as when i move sats and select a channel i will get picture & sound for s split second then it goes blank?

Any ideas as i cannot see where I'm going wrong

Larry-G
06-09-12, 22:08
have you updated the FPGA since loading this image ?, as i believe it is running the latest drivers which also require a FPGA update for the tuner card.

dbitalia
06-09-12, 22:11
Yes i ran the FPGA several times via download & usb as i thought it may be that but no luck. Could it be the FPGA is not writing to the flash correctly?

Its strange as i can view no problem when running original firmware which rules ot hardware?

Larry-G
06-09-12, 22:15
no i doubt it's the FPGA then, unfortunately i am not that familiar with the VTI image so i'm not too sure what else to check.

dbitalia
06-09-12, 22:25
Its gotta be related to FPGA as i remember i had teh issue when i first purchased the box & teh update put teh issue right.

Do you thonk it could be a faulty box not taking the FPGA upgrdae? But then that does not explain why the oem image works.

Been like this since sunday and im not sure what to do nxt:(

Larry-G
06-09-12, 22:37
try loading the OE image then update the FPGA from within that image, it only needs to be done once. so you can flash any image after to see if there are any differences etc.

dbitalia
09-09-12, 18:58
Tried the FPGA upgarde via the oem image but still the same result. I even tried a different image (BlackHole) but i get exactly the same issue. I thought it may be something to do with the box but that doesn't explain why with the oem image i can view without issue.

Is there anything else i could try as im starting to lose hope...