PDA

View Full Version : Vix Movieplayer Locking up

garyblas
06-09-12, 13:30
whenever i go to use the onboard vix player and i select another location ( My network PC ) to view a film etc the Vix symbol keeps rotating and stays that way. I then have to reset box.
If i then go back into the player and select my network PC it works every time.

Any ideas why?

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 13:55
Please post your debuglogs; they should shed some light on this.
I take it 'the other location' was available at the time of the first try? And mounted? As cifs or nfs-mount?

garyblas
06-09-12, 17:29
I dont get a crash log. What is a debug log?
Unfortunately when this happens i have to switch off box and then back on. Will this generate a log file, not sure

Its the same mount and its a CIFS file.

Please post your debuglogs; they should shed some light on this.
I take it 'the other location' was available at the time of the first try? And mounted? As cifs or nfs-mount?

Larry-G
06-09-12, 17:32
I dont get a crash log. What is a debug log?
Unfortunately when this happens i have to switch off box and then back on. Will this generate a log file, not sure

Its the same mount and its a CIFS file.

you can enable the debug logging feature via the logs manager, if you do set it to save on a USB stick otherwise it will keep your HDD awake permanently as it writes to the log file every few seconds. and yes the process of switching off the receiver or rebooting it actually saves the debug log so thats a good thing.

garyblas
06-09-12, 21:28
Another lockup tonight. This time when trying to go into movieplayer and a recording ongoing.
How do i attach debug log? Only uploads icons i can find are image or movie

Larry-G
06-09-12, 21:37
Another lockup tonight. This time when trying to go into movieplayer and a recording ongoing.
How do i attach debug log? Only uploads icons i can find are image or movie

click on the go advanced tab then click on manage attachments. also please send the log via the logs manager on the box, this way andy gets them directly.

garyblas
06-09-12, 21:41

Log file. Does this make any sense

garyblas
06-09-12, 21:46
Tried to send this and it says not setup?

click on the go advanced tab then click on manage attachments. also please send the log via the logs manager on the box, this way andy gets them directly.

garyblas
07-09-12, 07:42
I have tried again to send this direct to Andy as suggested but it wont do it, can i send it manually somehow?

Tried to send this and it says not setup?

Larry-G
07-09-12, 11:07
I have tried again to send this direct to Andy as suggested but it wont do it, can i send it manually somehow?

When sending logs via the logs manager you have to setup your user details. Just a user name and email address so that we can track what logs users are sending us. Then where necessary we can contact that user directly with test files etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

garyblas
07-09-12, 16:15
OK sent new log to andy. As happens every time i first try it that day

When sending logs via the logs manager you have to setup your user details. Just a user name and email address so that we can track what logs users are sending us. Then where necessary we can contact that user directly with test files etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

garyblas
08-09-12, 16:30
Another lock up. Can anyone understand these log files and point me as to why the system locked up.
Here is todays log

Have sent copy to Andy via send feature

Rob van der Does
08-09-12, 17:36
Another lock up. Can anyone understand these log files and point me as to why the system locked up.
Here is todays log
Can you tell me which skin you're using?
And is there a skin_user.xml in etc/enigma2?

punisher
08-09-12, 17:56
looks like u have a few skin errors in there, not sure whether they are causing errors, using Magic-HD-Night

warning, skin is missing element chosenletter in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
warning, skin is missing element TrashcanSize in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
warning, skin is missing element movie_sort in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
warning, skin is missing element movie_off in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
setPixmapNum(2) failed! defined pixmaps: []
setPixmapNum(4) failed! defined pixmaps: []
action -> ColorActions yellow
action -> WizardActions down
action -> WizardActions ok
setPixmapNum(1) failed! defined pixmaps: []
setPixmapNum(0) failed! defined pixmaps: []
action -> OkCancelActions cancel
action -> InfobarShowHideActions hide
action -> InfobarEPGActions InfoPressed
[Skin] SKIN ERROR in screen 'SimpleSummary' widget 'widget': {Magic-HD-Night/skin.xml}: component with name 'parent.Title' was not found in skin of screen 'SimpleSummary'!. Please contact the skin's author!
action -> OkCancelActions ok
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceBackgroundColorSelected value: black
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceForegroundColorNowSelected value: selectedFG
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceForegroundColorSelected value: selectedFG
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceBackgroundColorNowSelected value: listbox

punisher
08-09-12, 17:59
also not sure what this means in the log as there are a lot of this

broken startcode

Rob van der Does
08-09-12, 18:13
The skin-errors are of no real importance, and can even be 'by design'.
They only show that not all options are in use by the skin.

garyblas
08-09-12, 18:45
Using modified version of Magic HD Night Skin
So yes i have a skin_user.xml in etv/enigma2

Can you tell me which skin you're using?
And is there a skin_user.xml in etc/enigma2?

Larry-G
08-09-12, 18:47
Using modified version of Magic HD Night Skin

try again without the modifications and see if it happens again.

garyblas
08-09-12, 18:48
But what i cant understand is it only locks up on first attempt to read my network pc files. Once it locked and i reboot it then is happy to read files from PC quite happily.. Strange

looks like u have a few skin errors in there, not sure whether they are causing errors, using Magic-HD-Night

warning, skin is missing element chosenletter in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
warning, skin is missing element TrashcanSize in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
warning, skin is missing element movie_sort in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
warning, skin is missing element movie_off in <class 'Screens.MovieSelection.MovieSelection'>
setPixmapNum(1) failed! defined pixmaps: []
setPixmapNum(0) failed! defined pixmaps: []
action -> OkCancelActions cancel
action -> InfobarEPGActions InfoPressed
[Skin] SKIN ERROR in screen 'SimpleSummary' widget 'widget': {Magic-HD-Night/skin.xml}: component with name 'parent.Title' was not found in skin of screen 'SimpleSummary'!. Please contact the skin's author!
action -> OkCancelActions ok
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceBackgroundColorSelected value: black
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceForegroundColorNowSelected value: selectedFG
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceForegroundColorSelected value: selectedFG
[Skin] Attribute not implemented: ServiceBackgroundColorNowSelected value: listbox

garyblas
08-09-12, 18:50
Will do but probable tomorrow as now its found files. It will do all day long

try again without the modifications and see if it happens again.

Rob van der Does
08-09-12, 18:56
Looks like to be the culprit.

garyblas
08-09-12, 19:23
but why does it work everytime after reboot?

punisher
08-09-12, 21:09
It cud possible be the network its trying to reach it has lost a connection with... Maybe after a period of inactivity or timeout... A reboot should renew this connection hence y it probably works after a reboot...

garyblas
08-09-12, 21:16
so how would i fix this?
If its a network error which does sound possible, the skin change wont resolve this - would it?
But I will try removing usr skin as suggested

judge
08-09-12, 21:31
Are you using static or dynamic IP addresses?

garyblas
08-09-12, 21:32
dynamic i think

judge
08-09-12, 21:38
I'd go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adapter Settings & set Use DHCP to no.
Try that & let us know if you're still having issues.

garyblas
08-09-12, 21:43
Will do, I assume i have to set my IP manually then

I'd go to Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Device Setup -> Adapter Settings & set Use DHCP to no.
Try that & let us know if you're still having issues.

judge
08-09-12, 21:45
Yes you do, but as far as I remember, it defaults to your current settings anyway so should be easy to save the new static option.

garyblas
12-09-12, 21:23
Just an update to close out.
The problem appears to have been the skin_usr.xml file, I removed this and replaced with original skin file.
Now all working.
I was using skin_usr.xml file from vix 2.4 file maybe this was adding to problem

Thanks for all help