PDA

View Full Version : [ET5x00] Vlc crashing box

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 03:38
Whenever I try add a vlc server my et5x00 crashes. I've sent the log. I've also attached it here.

Kernel:3.4.3
Drivers 2012.07.14
Version:3.0
Build:204

Larry-G
06-09-12, 04:40
Whenever I try add a vlc server my et5x00 crashes. I've sent the log. I've also attached it here.

Kernel:3.4.3
Drivers 2012.07.14
Version:3.0
Build:204

I am not 100 percent certain as I don't use VLC from the receiver, but I don't think VLC is compatible with ViX any more. I could be wrong though and no doubt some one will correct me if I am.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 13:59
I am not 100 percent certain as I don't use VLC from the receiver, but I don't think VLC is compatible with ViX any more. I could be wrong though and no doubt some one will correct me if I am.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

Thanks.

Is there any other way of streaming videos from my PC to the box. I want to keep vix.

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 14:12
Is there any other way of streaming videos from my PC to the box. I want to keep vix.
Yes, VLC is not needed at all. I never used it.
Just mount your PC (the folder(s) and/or the DVD-drive), and you can navigate to there directly from the movie list.

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 15:17
Yeah I cant seem to get that to work. Using the link below.

My pc shows in network browser. There is a green tick beside the mount. However I don't think that confirms its mounted. Only that I've enabled it.

When I navigate back to network browser highlight my PC. Press OK to expand host. Nothing happens. I presume this is where your suppose to see your shared folder ?

I have edited mount manager. Too match the tutorial below.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share&p=116401#post116401

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 15:33
My pc shows in network browser. There is a green tick beside the mount. However I don't think that confirms its mounted. Only that I've enabled it.
That's correct.

When I navigate back to network browser highlight my PC. Press OK to expand host. Nothing happens. I presume this is where your suppose to see your shared folder ?
Hmmm, should do. I take it you entered the correct username/password for a known user on your PC?
Which OS is on your PC??

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 15:39
Yeah Correct username, password. I am running Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit version. I have changed nfs to cifs.

One thing I noticed when I selected nfs and save it takes about 3-4 minutes to save settings when I edit the mount manager. When I select CIFS it saves almost instantly. Don't know if that means much.

The folder is in The root of HDD on the pc and shared to everyone. So its C:/vu . . . The tutorial just says to put vu in the server share field.

anfieldoreilly
07-09-12, 02:34
Also part of the tut states "server share - /vu (make sure you include the /)"

When i put the slash in and save it disappears.