PDA

View Full Version : Tune failed

KDC
06-09-12, 02:22
Can anyone help with this error? Getting tune failed error on bootup after powering off box from the mains all night. Is there any way to fix this rather than a reflash?

Thanks in advance!

KDC
08-09-12, 12:50
Reflashed image , rescan , and left on deep standby instead of pulling plug out completely, all good again.

Larry-G
08-09-12, 12:54
Reflashed image , rescan , and left on deep standby instead of pulling plug out completely, all good again.

How are or were you closing the box down prior to pulling the plug ?.

Remember there receives are basically Linux computers and should be treated as such, with a proper shutdown procedure or you will encounter problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
08-09-12, 13:13
Only once the box has been properly shut down, pulling the plug is an option (and saves you approx 0.5W in powerconsumption :p ).

harkan
08-09-12, 15:11
Image version 3.0-262 signal still can not find the tuner incorrect gigablue ue

Mr. Mister
08-09-12, 15:52
Have you put the Gigiblue UE image on your SE.. ??

KDC
08-09-12, 15:55
How are or were you closing the box down prior to pulling the plug ?.

Remember there receives are basically Linux computers and should be treated as such, with a proper shutdown procedure or you will encounter problems.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Hi , thanks for the reply mate. Seems i didn't shut down properly as i'm a complete noob to these type of boxes havin previously owned an openbox s9. Am i correct in thinking that the correct procedure would be putting receiver into deep standby before pulling plug?

Mr. Mister
08-09-12, 15:58
Yes buddy.. That will do it..

Is you box now working again. ?

KDC
08-09-12, 16:03
Yes buddy.. That will do it..

Is you box now working again. ?
Yes mate its working great after installing latest vix se 3.1.1 firmware. Looks like the problem was definitely down to incorrect shut down procedure. Thanks for your help guys! :cool:

harkan
08-09-12, 16:07
Have you put the Gigiblue UE image on your SE.. ??

hi I have gigablue ue