PDA

View Full Version : Ziggo IRDETO smartcard (cable) doesnt work

Kyddil
06-09-12, 01:04
I want to use my smartcard for my cable tv with the gigablue.. But how does it work? When I put the card into the first slot nothing happens? Am I missing something?

Larry-G
06-09-12, 02:15
I want to use my smartcard for my cable tv with the gigablue.. But how does it work? When I put the card into the first slot nothing happens? Am I missing something?

I does not work quite that easily, you either need to use a dedicated CAM unit for the card or setup a SOFTCAM to work with the card so that the inbuilt card reader knows what to do with the card.

Kyddil
06-09-12, 09:32
I does not work quite that easily, you either need to use a dedicated CAM unit for the card or setup a SOFTCAM to work with the card so that the inbuilt card reader knows what to do with the card.

After some research on Dutch forums I found out I just have to install CCCAM to get it work! Thanks!

I have a question for you tho, I'm using the VIX image now and I've this problem (which I had with my VU+ solo too on VIX) that its showing the picture out of my screen. So I'm missing some elements on my tv screen. I know there is an utility where you can move your picture so you will see everything correctly (and this works perfectly on the VU+ with my sony 32inch tv) but this isnt working on the gigablue on my other sony lcd tv.. Whatever I do the picture is the same!

The gigablue is connected by HDMI and its a Sony 32 inch hd ready tv.

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 09:38
I'm pretty sure you can turn off overscan on any Sony TV. That's the best way, and in fact the only way to see real HD-quality (else every video pixel will be blown up to 1.05 pixel).