PDA

View Full Version : ET5000 forgot bootloader Wont load.

anfieldoreilly
05-09-12, 15:40
Hi,

I just tried to flash my et5000 with the latest vix image on here. I forgot that I had too put on the new bootloader. Now im stuck on a screen that says vixworld for all your satellite needs world of satellite.

I tried putting on the bootloader but the yellow orange light wont shine. Box goes straight onto the vix screen.

Anyone know what to do ?

pooface
05-09-12, 15:50
You removed all other USB devices when try9ng to flas it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anfieldoreilly
05-09-12, 15:57
Yeah, I have no other. It was just the usb key that the firmware was on. When I first tried to flash. The yellow orange light came on. I pressed up. Every thing seemed to be going okay then all i keep getting is the vix screen.

mikehunt43
05-09-12, 18:28
when you try and flash do you have ext hdd attached?? if you do remove it then flash.after put it back.it wont flash if its attached mate

Stanman
05-09-12, 22:31
reformat the USB and make sure the bootloader folder is on the root of the USB.

Power of from the rocker, hit on and make sure you have up pressed - should get two lights red and orange and box will do rest

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 03:25
pressing up wasnt wrking so i pressed down, forcing it to load. then loaded the firmware and it worked. Thanks.

Larry-G
06-09-12, 04:28
pressing up wasnt wrking so i pressed down, forcing it to load. then loaded the firmware and it worked. Thanks.

Nice to see you recovered your receiver, and that it was not a fatal error, which no doubt you won't make again.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 14:02
I was worried for a while.

Can you not recover your box via rs232 ? If something does go wrong. Like you can do with the dreamboxes.

Larry-G
06-09-12, 14:21
I was worried for a while.

Can you not recover your box via rs232 ? If something does go wrong. Like you can do with the dreamboxes.

not as far as i am aware.

Rob van der Does
06-09-12, 14:24
Nope.
But Xtrend bootloaders are supposed to be fool proof.

anfieldoreilly
06-09-12, 15:03
Lucky me. Thanks.