PDA

View Full Version : New Version Flasing Icon

StuBFrost
05-09-12, 07:22
I had VIX 3 Build 245 on my Ultimo last week and got the flashing icon to tell me there was a new version which I upgraded to. This put the build up to 249.

A few hours later the update icon was flashing again but when I checked for an update it told me there was nothing to update.

The only way I could stop the icon from flashing was to reinstall the latest version on OpenVix which is build 245. I did this and again it prompted me to update to build 249 which I did. This was was fine again until yesterday when the update icon started flashing again. This time when I tried to update it said something along the lines of a background check is being done and to try again in a few minutes. Waited and tried again several times but still the same message and the same flashing icon.

So I have now reverted back again to build 245 and left it on that build.

Anyone else have similar problems with this or is it just me ?

I presume build 249 is not a stable release anyway although I was sure I had the setting not to download non stable versions.

Larry-G
05-09-12, 08:06
we now set all new builds as unstable by default until we can declare them otherwise.

you can flash the 245 build image and turn off the unstable update notification. Menu> Setup> System> Online Update> Allow unstable ( untested ) updates > NO. this will stop you being notified of a update until we manually set it to stable. also there is a further update available ( 255 ) which is again set as unstable by default.

StuBFrost
05-09-12, 08:15
I thought the default was no because I never changed the setting but it still flashed to tell me of the new update.

I have had to switch update checking completely off to stop the issues I am having.