PDA

View Full Version : Apple confirms iPhone 5 launch for September 12

bassethound
04-09-12, 23:08
Apple has issued official invites to members of the press for an event on September 12, at which the world's biggest technology firm is expected to announce the iPhone 5.

The firm has picked the Yerba Buena Centre for the Arts in San Francisco for the launch, the venue where it usually announces new products.

The event will be held at 10am Pacific Time (6pm UK time).

On the typically sparse invite, a message just says "it's almost here" above the date, but underneath is the 'reflection' of the number "5" - which has been widely interpreted to mean the iPhone 5.

Ahead of the official invite, there had been widespread speculation about Apple's plans for the most valuable product in its lineup.

Almost a year ago, Apple announced the iPhone 4S, which was technically the fifth smartphone model the firm has produced, but a handset that offered only minor upgrades on 2010's iPhone 4.

The "iPhone 5" is expected to offer a much broader redesign which - if the latest leaks are to be believed - will include a larger 4-inch screen, new dock connector, NFC, and 4G connectivity in some markets.

It is highly likely that the smartphone will run the new iOS 6 operating system, which was announced in June and will roll out on newer Apple devices in the autumn.

The new operating system features various software upgrades, including Facebook integration and Apple's new Maps application, which will replace Google Maps as the preloaded system on iOS devices.

Entire parts of the technology media are devoted to unearthing what Apple is planning to do, but the firm's chief executive Tim Cook recently said that security is being doubled-down on new products; so there is still the chance that Apple will surprise us all next week.

Mr. Mister
05-09-12, 00:21
Price is the all important question..

Anyone gonna rush out and buy 1 in the first week of release.. ??

Larry-G
05-09-12, 05:13
They could sell them for £150 each and I still would not buy one. I'm more than happy with my new Samsung galaxy SIII.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

punisher
08-09-12, 12:46
i could potentially do that, i did that for the 4S as an early bird upgrade to existing customers they were offering :-p but this ttime round i think mrs will get it first