PDA

View Full Version : FTP Issue

seancred
04-09-12, 19:06
Hi Guys,

I've upgraded to vix 3.0 build 245 (from an earlier build of 3.0) and my FTP has started asking for a password. I haven't set one and have never needed one before.

Can you help?

Cheers

Larry-G
04-09-12, 19:07
Hi Guys,

I've upgraded to vix 3.0 build 245 (from an earlier build of 3.0) and my FTP has started asking for a password. I haven't set one and have never needed one before.

Can you help?

Cheers

You ignored the BIG RED warning about not installing a settings backup from a earlier image and have broken the FTP protocol amongst other core parts of the image. There is no fix for this other than to reflash and not restore a backup.

seancred
04-09-12, 19:20
You ignored the BIG RED warning about not installing a settings backup from a earlier image and have broken the FTP protocol amongst other core parts of the image. There is no fix for this other than to reflash and not restore a backup.

No I didn't ignore it, I was up and running on vix 3.0 with FTP without any issue because I did not restore from a previous backup as the BIG RED guidance advises. The issue only presented itself following an upgrade to a new build. Following upgrade I did restore my vix 3.0 settings but surely this wouldn't cause the problem?

In any case, if I reflash 3.0 and do a fresh install, will the issue be resolved?

Thanks,

Larry-G
04-09-12, 19:24
if the settings you restored were from a ViX 3.0 image and not a earlier one, you should not be seeing this problem. What exact error are you getting from your FTP client ?.

seancred
04-09-12, 19:33
if the settings you restored were from a ViX 3.0 image and not a earlier one, you should not be seeing this problem. What exact error are you getting from your FTP client ?.

I'm going to try the reflash later anyway but I FTP goes through a cycle:

User root
Please specify the password
Pass
530 login incorrect
critical error
could not connect to server