PDA

View Full Version : Banner Retention after "disabling" PIP

frankblueking
03-09-12, 21:43
I have tried to find a thread relating to the PIP function but failed so I am starting a new thread. After activating PIP and then "disabling PIP" a banner remains that contains part of the smaller picture. Has anyone met the same problem? Do the VIX Team know of the problem and/or have a solution?
:):):):):):):):):):):)

Rob van der Does
03-09-12, 21:47
Which version of which image are you using? And which skin?

Mr. Mister
03-09-12, 21:49
Hi buddy..
Just tried this on my Ultimo and could not get my ultimo to do the same..

I activated PIP..
Then deactivated PIP..

All back to normal..

Is there anything else that you could be doing. ?

frankblueking
03-09-12, 23:19
Which version of which image are you using? And which skin?

Hi Rob
I am using Virtuosso Image Xtreme and I am upto date.

My mate has not updated to latest Image release, he still sees the same issue but not as prominent!

Rob van der Does
04-09-12, 06:37
I am using Virtuosso Image Xtreme and I am upto date.
My mate has not updated to latest Image release, he still sees the same issue but not as prominent!
Than I'm sorry to say that I can't explain it. I even never heard of this problem.

A long shot: please try the skin Magic-HD (from the feeds) and see if it's the same.

pooface
04-09-12, 07:23
Any chance of posting a screen shot of this? Just wondering what it looks like...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Rob van der Does
04-09-12, 07:40
PiP is not visible on screenshots.

pooface
04-09-12, 07:46
It is by a camera tho ;)

Larry-G
04-09-12, 08:00
just tested PiP on my ultimo with ViX 3.0-249 and so far i am unable to replicate the OP's result.

frankblueking
04-09-12, 10:24
Just off for a few days holidays so will post when I return.
Many thanks

frankblueking
11-09-12, 17:03
Any chance of posting a screen shot of this? Just wondering what it looks like...

Hi Guys
I am back off holiday!! Still have the problem with PIP (see attached file) The sequence is that I activate PIP then change the main picture. If I then swap the feeds and cancel PIP the banner remains. It is a frozen slice of the small picture.

Sicilian
11-09-12, 17:16
What is your TV? Plasma, LCD?

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 17:20
Which box?
Which skin?
Which ViX-build?
Which connection to TV?

frankblueking
11-09-12, 19:04
Hi
It is a Samsung plasma.

frankblueking
11-09-12, 19:05
All the information you want is in my post as standard.

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 19:32
Which box?
Which skin?
Which ViX-build?
Which connection to TV?

Than I must be blind.

Stanman
11-09-12, 19:36
The image is but not build version

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 20:38
The image is but not build version
Nor the skin and connection to TV .......

pooface
11-09-12, 21:02
It has to be a skin issue IMO, as have been unable to replicate myself, and nor anyone else by the looks of it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 21:24
It has to be a skin issue IMO, as have been unable to replicate myself, and nor anyone else by the looks of it...
That's why I asked about the specifics. But in vain........

frankblueking
11-09-12, 22:08
Than I must be blind.

Not sure the sarcasm is necessary! When I look at my postings the hardware and software info is visible at the bottom of my post. Are you telling me that it is not visible to other members? :(

Maxwell
11-09-12, 22:14
we no longer support 2.4

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 22:35
Not sure the sarcasm is necessary! When I look at my postings the hardware and software info is visible at the bottom of my post. Are you telling me that it is not visible to other members? :(
Please read what I asked for and where I find the information.
As I have now been asking this several times without ever getting an answer, I'm not sure you want to be helped at all.

pooface
11-09-12, 22:36

Especially not available when using tapatalk...

Also, you said latest version, and at that time, the latest was 3.0, so you obviously were not using the latest :confused:

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 22:41
OK, long story short: please upgrade to ViX 3.0 and see how it goes then. After all: all our upgrades & bugfixes are in new builds, not in old ones.

Larry-G
11-09-12, 23:02

I could say that i'm a dinky little teapot in my signature bar, although that does not necessarily mean i am one now does it ?.

The reason we are asking you these very specific questions is because without those necessary details we would just be guessing as to your problem and a possible solution. also for the record we are now on the ViX 3.0 image and no longer provide updates / support for the previous versions including 2.4 as all the necessary fixes etc are within the 3.0 image.

frankblueking
12-09-12, 19:46
Thanks for the info. I now understand what is being said. I will update to vers 3.0 and revert once I have done that. As a small point I clearly thought I was using the latest version, a mistake on my part. That may reflect the fact you guys are senior members whereas I am a junior member. Will revert shortly to inform you if problems have gone away.
:(:(:(:(:(:(

frankblueking
14-09-12, 15:48
OK, long story short: please upgrade to ViX 3.0 and see how it goes then. After all: all our upgrades & bugfixes are in new builds, not in old ones.

I have now upgraded to Image Release Vers 3 Build 275. (Complete reflash from the start) I am using Virtuoso Image Xtreme.My last update was 12/09/2012. Hardware is Vu+ Ultimo. Kernal 3.1.1 Drivers date is 24/08/2012 (Is that the latest?) I have also updated the FPGA today.Am I missing any updates?

Now to the PIP banner retention. There is no difference after the update. The process I use is Blue Button twice to activate and then Blue Button to cancel. I have tried swapping PIP and it makes no difference. The only way I can clear the banner is to Reboot or Restart Enigma. I have also tried switching off the Samsung Plasma TV but without effect.

I trust my signature text contains the same information. For interest my error in believing I was on the latest image is because doing a software update using the receiver simply says there is nothing to update. I need to watch the upgrade posts in future. The issue with subtitles appears to have corrected itself with the new release.

:):):):):):):):)

pooface
14-09-12, 16:56
What plugins have you installed?

As a test, you could try reading an image backup to save having to setup all again. Then, flash the image, just go through first install wizard, install channel list, and do nothing else. No plugin or anything. Just try doing the pip then

My guess must be a plugin you're using

frankblueking
14-09-12, 17:10
Thanks. Nothing too fancy on Plugins. CrossEPG, FirmwareUpgrade, MediaScanner, OpenWebif and PicturePlayer. Am I fully uptodate on the Drivers?
:):):):):)

redrobin
14-09-12, 17:25
Have you tried a different HDMI cable

Rob van der Does
14-09-12, 17:34
Or, just for a test, a yellow video cable (don'tmind the very bad picture quality, it's just for testing this issue).
And/Or a scart-cable.

frankblueking
15-09-12, 11:15
Thanks. I have tried now and no difference. I do not recall this happening before I updated to image 2.4 and now 3.0.

frankblueking
15-09-12, 18:08
Re problem with remaining banner after stopping PIP.

Hi Guys I have now made some progress at last. I noticed that the banner may occur on any of the PIP edges so I moved the PIP box to the centre of the screen and went through the whole procedure of starting and stopping PIP again. NO BANNERS REMAINED!!!!! If I then move progressively closer to the edge of the screen eventually a banner is left when I am within approximately 3 inches of whichever screen edge.

I cannot wait to receive your hypothesis on this one!!
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Rob van der Does
15-09-12, 18:10
I cannot wait to receive your hypothesis on this one!
Well, I'm afraid you'll have to, as we have no clue :D

frankblueking
15-09-12, 18:24
I am totally clueless on this one also. Do you think it is software driven? More important I can fix the problem empirically!!!! I talked to a mate with an Ultimo but is on Image Vers 2.3, he sees exactly the same issue.
:):):)

pooface
15-09-12, 20:30
What tv do you both have? Are they the same or different?

Could well be something to do with overscan and the way your tv handles it. Not likely, but could well be...

Have you another tv you can test on?

frankblueking
15-09-12, 21:40
Thanks. It is a Samsung 51" Plasma TV with 3D. I will try a different TV to check. My friend has exactly the same TV. How would overscan influence matters at the edge but not in the centre of the screen? Have you tried moving the PIP to the edge of your screen to see if you can replicate the error? Strange issue for me!!
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Rob van der Does
16-09-12, 02:36
1) If you only experience this problem when PiP has been centred, there's no problem at all. After all a centred PiP is rather useless;
2) Surely you wouldn't want overscan enabled on any TV? After all, every TV-pixel to show 1.05 video pixel rather ruins the picture quality.

frankblueking
16-09-12, 09:30
1) If you only experience this problem when PiP has been centred, there's no problem at all. After all a centred PiP is rather useless;
2) Surely you wouldn't want overscan enabled on any TV? After all, every TV-pixel to show 1.05 video pixel rather ruins the picture quality.

Thanks Rob The problem only occurs when the PIP is close to the edge of the TV screen, its' natural place. I noticed the problem is not there when the PIP is centred on the screen, an observation found in desperation! I do not have overscan on as default but feel this is a dead end thought anyway. Having found an empirical solution should help anybody else finding the same issue. Regds

pooface
16-09-12, 13:25
I'm unsure that the TV could be a dead end. You and your friend have exactly the same TV and the same issue. Otherwise, lots of us have different TVs, and have to replicate this issue...

I've moved my picture right to the very edge, right to the centre, all over. Had no problems whatsoever... So, I would say it has got to be either your TV, or the way you've set it up?!

Have you got HDMI CEC enabled?!

frankblueking
16-09-12, 18:29
I'm unsure that the TV could be a dead end. You and your friend have exactly the same TV and the same issue. Otherwise, lots of us have different TVs, and have to replicate this issue...

I've moved my picture right to the very edge, right to the centre, all over. Had no problems whatsoever... So, I would say it has got to be either your TV, or the way you've set it up?!

Have you got HDMI CEC enabled?!

Thanks again No idea myself what is causing the problem but will try a different TV when I can access the lounge with a spare TV. I have not enabled HDMI CEC. I have now updated to 3.0 Vers 282 to see if that alters anything. Could you let me know what is the latest driver date? Mine is 24/08/2012. Rgds

Rob van der Does
16-09-12, 18:35
That's indeed the latest driver.