PDA

View Full Version : recording problem

zenith
02-09-12, 14:26
i apologise if this question has already been asked and solved.
i am on very latest vix 3.0 with upgrades
my problem is when i have been on a channel for say 10 minutes and want to record from the beginning of when i zapped to that channel it does not record from there?
which number do i need to do this from when i zapped to current channel as at moment is only recording from when i start?
any help as always most appreciated.

Larry-G
02-09-12, 14:28
you need to make sure that permanent timeshift is enabled for this feature to work correctly.

zenith
02-09-12, 15:43
you need to make sure that permanent timeshift is enabled for this feature to work correctly.
it is.
i can record fine on timer but when i try to record to beginning of when i zapped to channel,it only records from when i start recording?

zenith
03-09-12, 00:28
it is.
i can record fine on timer but when i try to record to beginning of when i zapped to channel,it only records from when i start recording?

anyone have a solution to this at all as i believe it should record from when you zap to channel!

judge
03-09-12, 00:30
Are you sure you have PTS enabled?
When you press record on a current programme, do you have 2 Timeshift save recording options in the Start recording pop-up?

zenith
03-09-12, 10:18
Are you sure you have PTS enabled?
When you press record on a current programme, do you have 2 Timeshift save recording options in the Start recording pop-up?

hi,yes i definitely have pts enabled and i have 7 options that are
1add recording(stop after current event)
2add recording(indefinitely)
3add recording(enter recording duration)
4add recording(enter recording end time)
5 timeshift save recording(stop after current event)
timeshiftsave recording(select event)
7dont record

which one do i need to record a program from when i have zapped to that channel?

judge
03-09-12, 11:02
5 timeshift save recording(stop after current event) will do the trick.

zenith
03-09-12, 12:28
5 timeshift save recording(stop after current event) will do the trick.

hi i have tried that one and it gets first five mins of next program?

judge
03-09-12, 13:03
So, it only records 5 minutes of the following programme & none of the current programme?

zenith
03-09-12, 14:15
So, it only records 5 minutes of the following programme & none of the current programme?

yes thats right

zenith
04-09-12, 12:18
yes thats right

has anybody else got this problem at all.
as far as i am aware it is supposed to be capable of,if you have been on channel for say 10 minutes and decide you want to record the program it is supposed to be able to record from when you zapped to that channel including the ten minutes that have elapsed just like a sky box as checked?
am i wrong in this as mine does not do this.
please correct me if i am wrong.
i am on latest vix 3.0 image.
mine is a genuine vu duo not a clone,it has permanent timeshift enabled,it records programs fine,it even rewinds back no problem and rewinds and plays in timeshift,but it does not for some reason record a channel from when you zapped to it,on mine anyway.

judge
04-09-12, 14:24
Sorry you're having trouble with this.
I know this wont help, but it works perfectly here.
Have you any other plugins installed?
Can you re-flash or even re-format the HDD and see if it makes a difference?

zenith
04-09-12, 15:35
Sorry you're having trouble with this.
I know this wont help, but it works perfectly here.
Have you any other plugins installed?
Can you re-flash or even re-format the HDD and see if it makes a difference?
hi thanks for replying.
only plugins i have are what came with image,cam 2.3.0 and sgtflipflop bouquet and picons nothing more
i have formatted drive and i inialised in vu.
it does record and rewind on timers and timeshift rewinds and plays but does not record from when i zapped to channel only from when i set recording.
box is brilliant otherwise but wife loves the timeshift on s*y box and would like this feature.
frustrating when i have read around that this feature does work for others but not for me.
not said it before,but do appreciate help when offered.

Larry-G
05-09-12, 05:26
The only other thing I can suggest is to go into the PTS settings page and either post up a screen shot for us to see your settings or list them here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

zenith
05-09-12, 22:55
The only other thing I can suggest is to go into the PTS settings page and either post up a screen shot for us to see your settings or list them here.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

my settings are as follows
timeshift location-/hdd/timeshift/
permanent timeshift enable-yes
permanent timeshift max events-05
permanent timeshift max length-180
permanent timeshift start delay-005
stop timeshift while recording-no
timeshift-saveaction on zap-ask user
use pts seekbar while timeshifting-yes

zenith
06-09-12, 16:29
been trying the timeshift today.
i have tryed a different hdd 2.5 same behavior.
original is a 3.5 hdd.
to put a finer point on it,sometimes it works sometimes it does`nt.
when it works it records as it should from when i have zapped to that channel.
when it does`nt it will try to play but will show recorded 0.0 and stop.
it is`nt certain channels as it does it whatever channel.
very erratic behaviour its a matter of keeping fingers crossed if it works!
may i ask if anybody else has this happening at all?
thanks

zenith
17-09-12, 10:07
been trying the timeshift today.
i have tryed a different hdd 2.5 same behavior.
original is a 3.5 hdd.
to put a finer point on it,sometimes it works sometimes it does`nt.
when it works it records as it should from when i have zapped to that channel.
when it does`nt it will try to play but will show recorded 0.0 and stop.
it is`nt certain channels as it does it whatever channel.
very erratic behaviour its a matter of keeping fingers crossed if it works!
may i ask if anybody else has this happening at all?
thanks

still have the problem with this was hoping if anybody had any ideas why i am getting this problem at all.
just to say i do appreciate the help and advice i have received so far but as yet still picky when timeshift used to record?

judge
17-09-12, 12:31
I've done loads of timeshift recordings over the past week to see if I can replicate your issues & can't.
When you add a timeshift recording, are you giving it enough time after the recording to save the file?

zenith
17-09-12, 14:55
I've done loads of timeshift recordings over the past week to see if I can replicate your issues & can't.
When you add a timeshift recording, are you giving it enough time after the recording to save the file?

hi thanks for checking that out for me
i believe so yes only been doing like five or ten minutes records to check and then check on media player?
how long generally does it take to save?

judge
17-09-12, 17:31
The default settings for Margin after record are 5 minutes. Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording Settings.
So if you wait till after this 5 minutes, then add another few minutes depending on the size of the timeshift recording.

zenith
21-09-12, 15:48
The default settings for Margin after record are 5 minutes. Menu -> Setup -> System -> Recording Settings.
So if you wait till after this 5 minutes, then add another few minutes depending on the size of the timeshift recording.

i did the checking after the five mins were up and check later its very erratic as sometimes it would record and sometimes it would`nt it would be 0 mins recorded when not very frustrating