PDA

View Full Version : Streaming using dreamote and oplayer

Markymark
02-09-12, 09:57
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get their VU box stream using dreamote and oplayer? I have installed both on my iPhone4, the dreamote works perfectly and allows me to control the box and use the functions of the app.

However when I click the stream option in oplayer, oplayer shows the loading image but then just goes back to the menu section of oplayer.

Can't find any answers on google, so thought I'd post here and see if the experts have got it working?

Markymark
02-09-12, 09:58
Sorry should add its the dreamote lite and oplayer lite versions I'm using.

pooface
02-09-12, 11:31
Are you trying to stream using internal lan, or via an external address?

On my iPad,I have no issue at all streaming using dreamote...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

Markymark
02-09-12, 11:45
Internal IP address?

Have you had to do anything to the setup? It won't be an iPhone 4 issue?

pooface
02-09-12, 12:06
I'm asking if you're using 192.168.x.x address, or your dyndns type address to stream? As streaming over internet (dyndns type address) will need a massive upload speed, so will unlikely work...

As for using dreamote, I'm using the pro version, and didn't need to add any other software to stream it. I just set up and away it went...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Markymark
02-09-12, 12:18
Internal so 192.xxx.xxx.xx

Oh so does the pro version stream without additional software then?

Does it stream HD video without a problem?

Markymark
02-09-12, 12:21
In the app store it says under streaming that dreamote needs other apps to stream - so is that in correct in your experience then?

Markymark
02-09-12, 19:13
I'm wondering if it's the iPhone4 as its only single core. Would the specs of the iPhone4 limit video streaming?

pooface
02-09-12, 19:42
Realise the problem, I'm using the dream box live app. Dunno about dreamote...

Also, it doesn't stream hd channels, ignores them from the bouquets

pooface
02-09-12, 20:26
Just tested this on iPad with dreamote and oplayer.

HD channels do not work at all. It showed picture to begin with with a quick burst of sound. But then no sound, and kind of slow motion video playback. However, SD played flawlessly, same as dreamboxlive I used.

Markymark
02-09-12, 21:04
Thanks for that. What video player did it open the video with on the iPad?

yasiree
02-09-12, 21:50
No problems here Working over my home broadband, work and over the 3g as well.:cool::cool:

Markymark
02-09-12, 22:09
That on an iPhone 4?

I'm just wondering if it's the hardware of the phone limiting me now.

pooface
02-09-12, 22:10
Thanks for that. What video player did it open the video with on the iPad?

Oplayer hd software

yasiree
03-09-12, 00:18
iPhone and iPad no problem what so ever. Just farwod you port through your router and enble your webif and zmd, if you got about 5mb upload speed you sould not get freeze ether.

yasiree
03-09-12, 00:22
Use IStreamgate for iPhone etc

Trebor300
09-01-13, 23:01
Hey, i have this working fine on my network, however i am intrested in setting up to view externally, do you know how to setup? or know of a guide to?

cheers

judge
09-01-13, 23:11
Hey, i have this working fine on my network, however i am intrested in setting up to view externally, do you know how to setup? or know of a guide to?

cheers

already answered in post 15 (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20845-Streaming-using-dreamote-and-oplayer&p=154169&viewfull=1#post154169), just 2 above your own post?