PDA

View Full Version : Picture Size

tomz
06-09-10, 14:55
Hi, hope someone can help. Had my VU+Duo installed a few days ago and it seems to be the case that a lot of programs only come up with a reduced picture size, which was not the case with the TM500, which I used before. Went through the manual, but couldn't find any chapter, referring to this.
Anyone any ideas? Thanks in advance

raedkuwait
06-09-10, 15:04
Hi,
What image u have on it, any how u need to set your av settings
menu > setup > system > A/V settings > display 4:3 contents as .. set to just scale

tomz
06-09-10, 15:38
Hi,
What image u have on it, any how u need to set your av settings
menu > setup > system > A/V settings > display 4:3 contents as .. set to just scale

Thanks 4 the quick reply, but didn't work, unfortunately. Its PLI image btw

Sicilian
06-09-10, 15:40
What type of TV do you have?

What output are you using, scart, hdmi....?

tomz
06-09-10, 15:47
What type of TV do you have?

What output are you using, scart, hdmi....?

Samsung 40inch LCD, HDMI from box to TV

Sicilian
06-09-10, 15:50
When you say reduced picture size, what do you mean exactly? Can you take a photo and post here.

Also does this happen on all channels?

MyB5
06-09-10, 15:57
I also have a simular problem...there's no way I can get fullscreen on some program, even though it's broadcast in 1980x1080 (full HD). My TV is a LG full HD. I use DreamElites autoresolution plugin, but still not able to watch the program in 16x9 fullscreen. I think I tried every possible settings. I did'nt have this "problem" on my DM800 or DM600...
I'm using an HDMI cable from box to TV.

tomz
06-09-10, 16:01
When you say reduced picture size, what do you mean exactly? Can you take a photo and post here.

Also does this happen on all channels?

Certain programs come up with a black frame on left & right, about 10cm on each side, but when adverts come on for instance, it switches to full size. The channels are fine, I think, its just certain programs on all sorts of channels, not just on one. Sorry, can't do photo right now, as I lend out my camera.

pooface
06-09-10, 16:07
Certain programs come up with a black frame on left & right, about 10cm on each side, but when adverts come on for instance, it switches to full size. The channels are fine, I think, its just certain programs on all sorts of channels, not just on one. Sorry, can't do photo right now, as I lend out my camera.

That definitely sounds like the 4:3 needing to be set to "just scale" if you want it to fill the screen...

tomz
06-09-10, 16:12
That definitely sounds like the 4:3 needing to be set to "just scale" if you want it to fill the screen...

its on "just scale"

Sicilian
06-09-10, 16:14
its on "just scale"

What build PLi are you using? When was the last time you updated?

tomz
06-09-10, 16:22
Looks like I didn't save the setting change to "Just scale". All good now. Thanks to everyone replying.

grtmoby
06-09-10, 16:25
ur settings are good. i have this as well but it is not vu or tv related.

sometime in some programs the the broadcaster put these two black frames to convert the image to 16x9 without loosing the image quality which is dump for for me but, this is how they do it. JSC sports is one of these

so just rest assured all is good and it is the program and nothing else.