PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo] VIX Plugins

thejoker
31-08-12, 16:10
I am trying to access the VIX plugins but for weeks Ive been getting the message "Sorry feeds are down for maintenance". I really want to download the magic hd skin, has anyone got it and instructions how to download it by ftp.

I found the files on another site, I ftp'd them to use/share/enigma2 but it crashed my box and had to delete the bit in setting file...

Mr. Mister
31-08-12, 16:13
Feeds all working fine at the moment buddy..

thejoker
31-08-12, 19:35
Been down on me for ages, no idea why, addons are working perfect in tspanel. But VIX plugs just says sorry down for maintenance...

judge
31-08-12, 19:39
Been down on me for ages, no idea why, addons are working perfect in tspanel. But VIX plugs just says sorry down for maintenance...

What build are you using?

Larry-G
31-08-12, 20:10
The feeds for earlier images 2.3 and lower have been erased as we no longer support or maintain those images. as for the TSpanel none of the so called ViX plugins there have any thing to do with us so we cant guarantee what nice little surprises may be hidden inside by those uploading them.

The feeds on every one of my 3 receivers running ViX 3.0 are working fine.

thejoker
01-09-12, 09:58
Ive got VIX 2.4 143. Havent had a chance to update to 3.0.

player1
01-09-12, 21:23
Ive got VIX 2.4 143. Havent had a chance to update to 3.0.

Same as mate.

judge
01-09-12, 21:33
It takes 5 to 10 minutes to flash & restore any settings/cams you need by ftp, don't understand how folks don't get a chance? especially if you want a supported & updated image.

player1
01-09-12, 23:14
It takes 5 to 10 minutes to flash & restore any settings/cams you need by ftp, don't understand how folks don't get a chance? especially if you want a supported & updated image.

I've upgraded to 3 245 this evening but it still tells me the servers are down for maintenance.

Rob van der Does
02-09-12, 07:11
LOL, I can assure you that this takes me 30-45 minutes :confused:
And not due to lack of experience, but to the number of settings to be made and plugins to be installed :p

5-10 minutes is what it takes when auto-restore can be used, which is not the case when upgrading from 2.x to 3.0

pooface
02-09-12, 08:58
LOL, I can assure you that this takes me 30-45 minutes :confused:
And not due to lack of experience, but to the number of settings to be made and plugins to be installed :p

5-10 minutes is what it takes when auto-restore can be used, which is not the case when upgrading from 2.x to 3.0

Yup, if all the default settings were left as is, then it would only take the 5-10 mins as stated. But, changing all settings, going through all menus to change stuff and then manually installing plugins and setting them up, it's considerably long than the 5-10 mins...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dlesaffre
05-09-12, 14:54
I am trying to access the VIX plugins but for weeks Ive been getting the message "Sorry feeds are down for maintenance".

Had the same problem.

I was able to telnet into the box, so at first I thought it could not be a network issue. But it was: my Vu+Duo was unable to resolve enigma2.world-of-satellite.com, the server it gets updates from (feeds too??).
It became apparent with a process listing in my telnet session.

After correcting the network issue, I was able to run a manual update&upgrade. And the feeds were back too!

There is a network test somewhere in the menu, but it did not reveal the problem. It pointed me in the right direction due to the time it took to run the last 2 tests, but it did not give any warning or error. All test got a green tick.
And I still think it' strange it shows the given message on the plugins page, instead of a more suitable error message.

satmanbasil
05-09-12, 21:48
Hi mate

I had the same problem and was informed you have to change the settings to accept vix upgrades once this happens it allows access to the plugins online however BEWARE !!! i have found because i leave my stb on 247 that when upgrades come up the icon on screen flashes green (upgrade stable) but when i have doubled check by rebooting the stb it may revert to red meaning the upgrade is unstable so always double check or like me you might upgrade to find it stops your box from working and you end up having to reflash.

Larry-G
06-09-12, 04:35
BEWARE !!! i have found because i leave my stb on 247 that when upgrades come up the icon on screen flashes green (upgrade stable) but when i have doubled check by rebooting the stb it may revert to red meaning the upgrade is unstable so always double check or like me you might upgrade to find it stops your box from working and you end up having to reflash.

That's likely because sometimes we may revert the status on a update from stable to unstable upon finding a bug etc.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

newbik
22-02-13, 20:48
i cant get iplayer on my box how do i get in manually?

judge
22-02-13, 20:52
i cant get iplayer on my box how do i get in manually?

Have a read of this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?26573-OE-Alliance-OnDemand-Plugin-(-BETA-WORK-IN-PROGRESS-)&p=197896&viewfull=1#post197896).

zoomatomic
05-06-13, 22:14
hi,can you tell me how you corrected the network issue please,I am having the same issue resolving the url.
Thanks

lc01
23-05-14, 18:57
I cant get any plugins either. says down for maintenenace.
I have version 3.0 installed.
Internet is working fine TSMEDIA works

seame
23-05-14, 19:19

The vix 3.0 images is no longer updated. You'll need to move on to the newer image if you want to access the feeds.

Larry-G
23-05-14, 20:40

ViX 3.0 no longer has any plugin feeds as we deleted them.

zoro25
23-05-14, 23:10
Is there a guide on upgrading from the V3 to the newest version,
I hear that you have to install fresh , but should I backup my bouquets for example to usb or can I backup to me Hdd (known by box mounted as "media") and restore from there?.

EDIT***

I've just seen that a new image Apollo is on the cards, guess stay on 3.808 and wait for that. Just looking for a stable base from which to tweak.

kiwiz
24-05-14, 23:39
aha so new ****ing image comming from VIX lol zeus now helios and now apollo wow whats next time to ... so when does apollo kick in.

thats why there werent any update for 3 weeks on helios build 17

abu baniaz
24-05-14, 23:44
Best to backup bouquets to PC.

judge
24-05-14, 23:51
aha so new ****ing image comming from VIX lol zeus now helios and now apollo wow whats next time to ... so when does apollo kick in.

WOW, serious attitude problems?

zoro25
25-05-14, 00:00
Best to backup bouquets to PC.

Perfect thanks , just what I wanted to know

hilly
25-05-14, 01:18
WOW, serious attitude problems?

Some people just expect.

Larry-G
25-05-14, 05:48

thats why there werent any update for 3 weeks on helios build 17

Regardless of what you read else where and you know what i'm talking about.

Zeus, Helios and soon Apollo are all technically part of the same Image line ViX 4.0 if you will, but due to past experiences where we asked users not to use the online update feature in ViX 3.0 instead to fresh flash in order to better handle updates, which were ALL promptly ignored. we decided to take the decision out of their hands to prevent the inevitable raft of complaints that the update has gone wrong. If you do update to ViX Apollo when it is released from either Zeus or Helios, just make a full settings backup and restore that.

Larry-G
25-05-14, 05:51
Some people just expect.

Some people read far too much crap on other forums from so called experts who them selves know sweet FA about the inner workings of the image. (no not referring to you but he will know what i'm talking about and i expect to see my name on a certain blog soon again when he runs back to his master to bitch about me).