PDA

View Full Version : DUO-Vix 2.4 Crashed Now WIll not ititialize any drive

mrmad1966
31-08-12, 12:25
Brothers/Sisters
Really need your thoughts/help here. Running a DUO with vix 2.4 on, no plugins apart from 1channel installed.All been running great for a while now. Last night my EPG went tits up not showing all data so left it alone to till this morning .
As soon as it all boots I get a message saying cannot activate time shift (on USB). When I look at System > Information > Devices I see both USB AND hard drive listed as 1MB space left. I have removed both drives and performed a file system check in my ubuntu lappy all seemed succesful, but the DUO refuses to initialize either drive, It gets to 99% then some message about timing out occurs ... :-(

Any idea on next step would be appreciated ?

TA

Mrmad..

PS If USER BOWZ READS THIS... ITS NOT USER ERROR :-)

TomD
31-08-12, 12:42
Why not try flashing the latest image and see if the problem still occurs?

Worth a try

mrmad1966
31-08-12, 13:12
Why not try flashing the latest image and see if the problem still occurs?

Worth a try
I agree its the easiest thing to try.... Just wanted to try & find out WHY it happened !!
Thanks though

mrmad1966
31-08-12, 18:45
FOLLOW UP... The solution 4 me !! Turns out at some point, the DUO could not see the usb drive (which stored the timeshift info), it seemed to default to the internal flash memory as soon as this happened hence, no memory left ? all my probs started !
No need for a wipe ... Whoop whoop..

Rob van der Does
01-09-12, 09:50
That is very strange; there is an algorithm in ViX that should prevent just that.

TomD
01-09-12, 10:53
On my box too the epg location often defaults back to internal flash, although not since ver 3.0

mrmad1966
01-09-12, 13:34
That seems to suggest an issue with the algorithm Rob suggested that is in place.