PDA

View Full Version : fan and temp questions

scrupples
31-08-12, 10:56
My fan has always made a rattling noise on boot up from day one, but then goes silent when all up and running, but woke up this morning and my fan was making a racket!! I opened up the box to check for dust and such and found it to be all clean. I unscrewed it and found if I hold it horizontally its silent, but put it vertical like on the box its noisy!, I have ordered a replacement, but do you have any suggestions regarding this fan? also I have left it unplugged now as it was too annoying! I have checked the temps using glass system info plugin and it says my hard drive is 45c and the "temp. DB: 40c" I take it thats the cpu?? Are these ok, just want to check so I know I am safe to leave the fan off whilst the new one comes, or unless anyone knows how to "fix" the old one.

Rob van der Does
31-08-12, 11:03
If you want to replace the fan I can only suggest to find yourself an original one. Contact WOS or your retailer.

Temperatures as you report them are fine; no worries!

If you install Fancontrol2 and the old WEB-IF you can see the temperatures via your webbrowser.

scrupples
31-08-12, 11:07
hi mate thanks for the quick reply, already ordered new fan from WOS but just concerned about the temps :)

Also interested if anyone has any ideas about "fixing" the other fan so it can be kept as a spare?

If you want to replace the fan I can only suggest to find yourself an original one. Contact WOS or your retailer.

Temperatures as you report them are fine; no worries!

If you install Fancontrol2 and the old WEB-IF you can see the temperatures via your webbrowser.

Rob van der Does
31-08-12, 11:14
If it really makes noise, it must be the bearings. As the bearings are closed, I would just throw it away.
Must have been a Monday morning fan; going by the lack of reports about this on the forums, it doesn't seem to be a real weak point.