PDA

View Full Version : Which receiver should I get?

ILM16
30-08-12, 21:30
Hey,

My mother asked me today for a new receiver, she currently has an Openbox S9. She gave me 3 requirements:

1) HD
2) Pause/Record etc.
3) As cheap as possible

[4) Satellite, not cable]

Easy huh? :D

I just wanted some suggestions from people who have actually used certain receivers, I've only ever used a Dreambox or a VU+ Duo and so my knowledge as a whole is limited.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Stanman
30-08-12, 21:41
Gigablue but you will need to buy external USB HDD.

Drop the sponsor a PM and he will give you a £5 forum member discount.

If your flexiable on 3 than UNO and can fit an internal HDD

Mr. Mister
30-08-12, 21:42
I would highly recommend the Gigiblue HD 800 SE

Cracking little receiver..

1/ Yes
2/ You can pause and rewind if you add an external USB HDD..
3/ Gigiblue 800 HD SE is a very very good budget receiver.. ( You can buy ...HERE... (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers/GiGaBlue-HD-800-SE-HD800SE-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-Linux-Enigma-2-1x-DVB-S-S2)
4/ Yep.. Its satellite..

Also.. For a few quid more.. you can have the Gigiblue HD 800 UE.. Its a slightly higher spec then the SE..
You can again find it ...HERE... (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Gigablue-HD-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receivers/GiGaBlue-HD-800-UE-HD800UE-Digital-Satellite-Receiver-Linux-Enigma-2-1x-DVB-S-S2)

Also.. Best of all.. Both these receivers are Enigma2.. and are streets ahead of your openbox.. Also.. The Vix image will go straight onto both of these Gigiblue`s..

also.. If you message the sponsor.. world of satellite.. They will give you 5 quid off the puchase price..

hope this helps..

ILM16
30-08-12, 22:34
Thanks guys! The GiGaBlue seems to fit the bill. I like the fact I can put ViX on it, mum will love the interface and EPG options.

Any external HDD recommendations? Like size, make, model etc.

Stanman
30-08-12, 22:37
Any decent USB will do. Start a new thread in the GB sub forum and members currently using one will post up recommendations.

ILM16
30-08-12, 22:44
Thanks all, I've PM'd the sponsor.

Mr. Mister
30-08-12, 22:55
Enjoy your Gigiblue buddy..