PDA

View Full Version : check tuner config ???

pazza07
30-08-12, 20:54
Hi all, first off I have a vu solo with motor. The problem i have is when I want to view a channel on 42e the channel is greyed out and I get the message check tuner configuration, I have just update my satellite.XML files and rebooted. Still the channels are greyed out on this and other satellites. I'm not sure how to solve this problem so any help will be appreciated, cheers

Mr. Mister
30-08-12, 21:01
Are you using usals.. ?
If Yes.. then are you sure your latitude and longitude are correct.. ?

pazza07
30-08-12, 21:10
Are you using usals.. ?
If Yes.. then are you sure your latitude and longitude are correct.. ?
Yes I'm using USALS and yes my lat and long are correct, when I initially set up my motor I could view all sats, I downloaded a latest settings and now can't view certain sats, as I said I've updated my satellite XML files for the sats I want but still can't view.

basilyoung
30-08-12, 22:21
are you in ( tuner config ) simple mode or advanced
if advanced, make sure your wanted sats are activated, then reboot the unit

pazza07
31-08-12, 06:14
are you in ( tuner config ) simple mode or advanced
if advanced, make sure your wanted sats are activated, then reboot the unit
I was in simple mode, I've tried changing to advanced and selected all satellites, rebooted and still greyed, I'm baffled!!!!!

Rob van der Does
31-08-12, 06:28
Greyed out means your box thinks it cannot see the transponder.
Are all 42E channels greyed-out? Than the box even thinks it can't see the whole satellite.

So questions would be:
1- Is 42E assigned to the motor (tuner config)?
2- Is the satellite.xml in etc/enigma2 up-to-date? If not, get yourself one from http://satellites-xml.org/ , or delete it completely (then the system-file in etc/tuxbox will be used)
3- What happens if you do a satellite scan on 42E?

pazza07
31-08-12, 07:19
Greyed out means your box thinks it cannot see the transponder.
Are all 42E channels greyed-out? Than the box even thinks it can't see the whole satellite.

So questions would be:
1- Is 42E assigned to the motor (tuner config)?
2- Is the satellite.xml in etc/enigma2 up-to-date? If not, get yourself one from http://satellites-xml.org/ , or delete it completely (then the system-file in etc/tuxbox will be used)
3- What happens if you do a satellite scan on 42E?
When I try to do a manual multisat scan it doesn't give me the option to select any satellites past 28e, how do you assign satellites manually? I have viewed all satellites using a different receiver so I know its not my dish set up, its got to be a setting in the tuner config.

Rob van der Does
31-08-12, 07:26
Set tuner config to advanced and assign the motorised LNB to all satellites you want to be able to use.

pazza07
31-08-12, 07:35
Thanks for your help, I'll try later as I'm off to work, I'll let you know how I get on.

Sicilian
31-08-12, 07:39
Moved to the correct section.

pazza07
31-08-12, 16:29
Hi, I've just downloaded a new motor settings and I can now view all the satellites, thanks for all of your help.