PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Mister bouquets not doing as it should?

emporer
29-08-12, 21:54
The latest bouquets have the new placeholder bypass thingy, but its no different on my Vu Duo, except it now comes up with the red error box on a placeholder channel as opposed to just nothing at all, bit of a pain as ive had to disable error messages to make it usable and skip past placeholders like before.

I'm on Vix 2.1.

judge
29-08-12, 22:00
I'm on Vix 2.1.

Sweet jesus...
Seriously, you need to update.

Larry-G
29-08-12, 22:02
The new placeholders were a necessary introduction to overcome a bug that was introduced into the latest Image by a merge with the pli GIT. pli dont them selves see it as a bug or necessarily as something they needed to fix so andy had to do it him self hence these new placeholders. unfortunately there is nothing we can really do to make them more compatible with older images as we no longer update or maintain those.

Mr. Mister
29-08-12, 22:19
Emporer..

You really should upgade your image to the latest release..

This WILL solve all your issues..

emporer
30-08-12, 08:10
I thought folk might prompt me to update, but 2.1 works perfect for me, and I mean perfect with not 1 bug, in 18 months ive only ever had 1 green screen and i'm always of the opinion that if it aint broke then dont fix it, its worked for me flawlessly so far.

Looks like i'll just keep the error messages turned off.

Larry-G
30-08-12, 08:22
no one is going to force you to update if you dont want to, but the image your using is no longer supported, infact the GIT for that image no longer exists so we could not update or provide bug fixes for it even if we wanted to.

Sicilian
30-08-12, 10:57
All images below 2.4 now have zero online feeds, all been removed from the server.

Rob van der Does
30-08-12, 12:06
.....but the image your using is no longer supported.....
Let's say that in other words: all support for older images is in new images. They not only have additional functionality, but also a lot of bugfixing.
Why else do you think we release new images?

sparky72
30-08-12, 12:24
Mate vix 3.0 is very stable i dont think you will have any problems .......... go on go for it i did :)