PDA

View Full Version : VU+ duo issue

jamesuk
29-08-12, 19:18
got a problem with my duo, when im watching a channel and a programme starts to record on a different channel, is pops up saying it changin, hg channel to record, and if i turn it over to different channel again its black.....thinking maybe its a set up issue
im using these settings

blackhole 1.7.6

tuner a: diseqc A/B
Sats: Astra2/eurobird2 28.2E, Hotbird 13.0E

tuner b: equal to Tuner A

CCCam 2.3.0

any help would be great,
J

basilyoung
29-08-12, 19:45
have you got twin lnb,s connected? ie, two coaxal connections on each lnb

are both tuners connected to a coax cable

if yes to both,

then the tuner b, needs to be set to diseqc A/B

if no to both questions

set tuner b to loop through

jamesuk
29-08-12, 21:08
ive got it 1 coax cable attached direct to the lnb socket
changed tuner b to loopthrui - still having same problem

cheers
J

judge
29-08-12, 21:10
Setting tuner B to loopthrough will give you more viewing/recording options, but never the same amount as if you had 2 feeds going to the box.

basilyoung
29-08-12, 21:13
also, having a dual feed sat unit, why dont you upgrade your dish setup, to at least twin lnb.s...it would give you complete freedom

Larry-G
29-08-12, 21:57
you will get the best results by having a feed going to each tuner, otherwise you will suffer these problems as you have described.

jamesuk
29-08-12, 23:30
unfortunatly i live i a block of flats so its a shared dish
theres the feed comming into my flat but one of them doesnt seem to work, when connect it i get no signal......can i by a splitter that can split it into 2 feeds?

cheers
J

basilyoung
29-08-12, 23:32
no....as in the end, you will be right where you are now

stevesom
30-08-12, 16:43
very similar fault with my duo last night,recording itv4,i was watching itv4 hd switched over to itv4 and had a black screen couldnt watch itv4 until i stopped the recording,im on vix 3 so different image,tuner A simple and tuner B second cable from motorised dish :confused:

jamesuk
31-08-12, 09:26
right i have 2 coax connectors on a box comming into my flat labelled 1 and 2
when i tried to connect tp socket 1, i could get any signall or sat info on a scan, triied number 2 and bingo - been using that
last night it took the faceplate off thinking it maybe a good idear to check that both we connect ok and they are...basically there both connect together
i live in a block of 9 flats and we all share a 60cm dish which has 1 LNB - so we all must on a switch so i should be able to get 2 feeds.....is this a confiig issue as i read switches have to be set up and connected right or this kinda thing happens

can anyone help
cheers
J