PDA

View Full Version : servefeed.info pop ups

KDC
29-08-12, 11:16
Hi peeps first post on the forum so bear with me. I'm being driven mad by servefeed.info pop ups every time i click on any link using firefox on windows 7? Tried everything to get rid of these damn things, avast and malwarebytes dont detect anything? Anyone had this problem and if so how did you get rid? Dont really want to reformat pc as i have a lot of programmes and files that i use regularly. Any feedback would be much appreciated, thanks!

pooface
29-08-12, 13:32
Maybe one of these links will clear you problems?

http://bit.ly/Pr2Ab9

The forum is actually a satellite forum though, but does cover PC too. However, as a first post, you'd have been better create a welcome thread, and also not just about PC...

Hope you will be back for some more satellite talk tho...

KDC
29-08-12, 17:22
Yeah mate sorry i realise that . Waiting on a Gigablue 800 se hd box coming which was the reason for registering on the forum. Just thought i would post in the pc section in the meantime incase anyone could help. Looking forward to contributing on the forum though , great site!

I actually did post on the welcome forum first of all in fairness! ;)

pooface
29-08-12, 17:48
Yeah mate sorry i realise that . Waiting on a Gigablue 800 se hd box coming which was the reason for registering on the forum. Just thought i would post in the pc section in the meantime incase anyone could help. Looking forward to contributing on the forum though , great site!

I actually did post on the welcome forum first of all in fairness! ;)

Sorry matey. Just saw a 0 post count and assumed :blush:

Good luck with your box, hear they're nice boxes. And hope u sorted your pop-up probs :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Larry-G
29-08-12, 18:10
I use firefox and the adblock plus plugin. that kills almost all popups without me ever knowing they are there. also try running something like malwarebytes anti walware through your system to remove any possible malware that could be causing the popups.

KDC
29-08-12, 18:42
I use firefox and the adblock plus plugin. that kills almost all popups without me ever knowing they are there. also try running something like malwarebytes anti walware through your system to remove any possible malware that could be causing the popups.

Thanks for the reply mate. Tried all you suggested and most of the other so called solutions i could find on google and still the damn thing comes back. I'm usually quite good with PC problems but this seems to have me beat. May have to back up my system and reformat my pc after all?

Update - Adblock plus seemed to have stopped working so i removed it then reinstalled , now it seems to be blocking pop ups for now. Thanks for your help mate!