PDA

View Full Version : Web streaming TV channel changing also?

shadowman007
29-08-12, 00:03
While am streaming a channel on Open Webif on my PC & when I zap to another channel the channel on my TV also changes? Is there a way around this? my vu+duo has 2 tuners A & B and both have a feed (cable) going in them so I thought this shouldn't be happening since there's 2 tuners? One thing I would like to point out when the TV channel changes the web streaming channel doesn't it's only when web channel changes the TV changes also.

Larry-G
29-08-12, 00:07
I know with the ipad app dreambox live, there are a few options available under the heading Zap Mode.

Mirror, Single tuner and multituner. selecting the multituner option allows exactly the reaction you want but i dont think this kind of option is available via the Open WebIF. I may be wrong however and if i am no doubt some one will correct me.

stick50jr
29-08-12, 04:44
I am using Vix 2.4 and the OpenWebif and I don't experience this problem! When I select a channel to stream from within Open Webif (within Firefox 14.0.1), it opens an instance of VLC on the PC (Windows 7, VLC 2.0.2) and streams the correct channel (regardless of what other channel may be displaying on the VuDuo/TV).
If I then change the displayed channel on the VuDuo the VLC/PC stream remains.

This assumes that the two (PC and VuDuo) channels are available without any dish or transponder conflicts.

Have I misunderstood your situation? There is no option to zap the VLC/PC channel being watched AFAIK. Perhaps this is a new feature on the Vix 3.0?

shadowman007
29-08-12, 15:20
I am using Vix 2.4 and the OpenWebif and I don't experience this problem! When I select a channel to stream from within Open Webif (within Firefox 14.0.1), it opens an instance of VLC on the PC (Windows 7, VLC 2.0.2) and streams the correct channel (regardless of what other channel may be displaying on the VuDuo/TV).
If I then change the displayed channel on the VuDuo the VLC/PC stream remains.

This assumes that the two (PC and VuDuo) channels are available without any dish or transponder conflicts.

Have I misunderstood your situation? There is no option to zap the VLC/PC channel being watched AFAIK. Perhaps this is a new feature on the Vix 3.0?

Sorry I didn't mention that I am using Vix image 2.2 so maybe this does not happen with 2.4 or above.
The zap option am on about is on the Open Webif webpage I have the option ticked "zap before Stream" under the Stream tab.
Also like I mentioned when on the Vu+Duo receiver a channel is being changed it does not effect the web stream channel you are watching on the ( PC ) VLC player.
But when you change a channel on the Open Webif the channel on the VU+Duo receiver also changes to the same channel you are streaming on the VLC player.

KristianM
29-08-12, 21:10
Don't enable "zap before stream".
Don't use "Zap to channel", click the "stream channel" icon (blue monitor).

shadowman007
30-08-12, 01:37
Don't enable "zap before stream".
Don't use "Zap to channel", click the "stream channel" icon (blue monitor).

Will this not change the channel on the VU+DUO box? I can't test it currently since am at work.

Larry-G
30-08-12, 01:45
Will this not change the channel on the VU+DUO box? I can't test it currently since am at work.

never has for me.

Rob van der Does
30-08-12, 05:40
No; independent streaming can be done to multiple devices (within the limits of your tuner configuration).