PDA

View Full Version : Tuner question. Probably a simple answer

romsyam
28-08-12, 23:55
Ok sorry I may not have asked a suitable question last time. My mistake.

Is it possible to force one tuner to one channel and the other tuner to another channel on the same satellite.

Or does the reciever pick which tuner it is going to use?

thanks

basilyoung
29-08-12, 00:00
the static dish is normally the first priority
but it is possible to force your preferred choice

as i said,..you can record off one tuner and watch independantly on the other tunuer

so in the case of 28 east, the motor will pick up the slack

Larry-G
29-08-12, 00:01
I'm not really sure i fully understand what you are trying to do, so please bear with me.

The Duo is a dual tuner receiver meaning you can watch / record one channel while watching / recording another on a totally separate transponder / satellite for that matter depending on your setup. can you elaborate with a little more detail exactly what it is your wanting to do ( and please keep within the site rules ).

romsyam
29-08-12, 00:09
the static dish is normally the first priority
but it is possible to force your preferred choice

as i said,..you can record off one tuner and watch independantly on the other tunuer

so in the case of 28 east, the motor will pick up the slack

Thanks Basil I'm making myself sound more stupid than I probably am :)

What i'm trying to say is that the rate of decode to the same satlellite when both tuners are on the same satellite will be double. Therfore is it possible to use seperate sources and force the tuners. Does that make sense? :-s

Please don't shoot me

basilyoung
29-08-12, 00:12
not quite understanding your point

bottom line is simple

the decode is unaffected, if for example your are streaming or recording, the other tuner will be unaffected, and quality will be of the highest standard

romsyam
29-08-12, 00:17
not quite understanding your point

bottom line is simple

the decode is unaffected, if for example your are streaming or recording, the other tuner will be unaffected, and quality will be of the highest standard

Sorry I'm not asking the question clearly enough without using the dreaded s word.

Thanks anyway

basilyoung
29-08-12, 00:20
ok...thread closed,

if you continue to try and dodge round the rules, you will be banned

try google, but not here