PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Backup Everything Before New Vix Image?

shadowman007
28-08-12, 23:24
Is there a way to backup everything before you flash your receiver with a new Vix image? For example if I flashed my VU+Duo with a new image can I backup things like Enigma 2 setting/bouquets,? so I don't have to first "scan" for the channels then add Enigma 2 bouquets? I mean it would be much easier just flash and restore everything like it was before.

Larry-G
28-08-12, 23:29
ViX 3.0 has been extensively rebuilt from the image core upwards.

This is why you can not use a regular settings backup from a earlier image version as it will break certain important parts of the image such as the FTP protocol.
you can manually backup some files via FTP such as your timers and autotimers. and you can still backup your bouquets using FTP or a channel editor / manager such as DBE but you can not use the built in backup manager.

once you have setup the new image you can once again make and use settings backups but not from earlier builds such as ViX 2.4.

shadowman007
28-08-12, 23:45
ViX 3.0 has been extensively rebuilt from the image core upwards.

This is why you can not use a regular settings backup from a earlier image version as it will break certain important parts of the image such as the FTP protocol.
you can manually backup some files via FTP such as your timers and autotimers. and you can still backup your bouquets using FTP or a channel editor / manager such as DBE but you can not use the built in backup manager.

once you have setup the new image you can once again make and use settings backups but not from earlier builds such as ViX 2.4.

Thanks for that. I also noticed when you scan the satellite for channels and when a scan is finished there's a folder called "Last scanned" can this folder be backed up in anyway? So later you can restore this folder on the new image which also means you don't need to scan again.

Larry-G
28-08-12, 23:47
To be honest i'm not really sure on that one. But i would imagine that data would be included when you backup your bouquets using a Editor / bouquet manager.

Mr. Mister
29-08-12, 01:14
You should never have to rescan your box..

When asked during your 1st install.. " Do you want to scan your satellites.. ? "

Select " No, scan later "

Then just go through the rest of your set up process ..

Then using DBEdit or similar.. Just ftp your chosen bouquets to your box..

Restart GUI.. and off you go..

No rescan ever have to be done unless your updating your own bouquets..

Hope this helps..

Trial
29-08-12, 07:47
Hi,
"last scanned" is also save during setting backup. So when you restore the settings this bouquet is also back there again.

But you do not need it. Your scan is save in lamedb and this is an internal, hidden database. Lamedb together with your bouquets is all you need. I find "last scanned" disturbing.

ciao

Rob van der Does
29-08-12, 08:57
I think 'last scanned' to be a valuable bouquet: how else would you know which channels are new?
And you don't need to use that bouquet, if you don't want to.

Trial
29-08-12, 09:10
Hi Rob,
"last scanned" is crap. I contains ALL channel from last scan. If you want to find new channel go to channel list, select sat and then select new services of the desired sat/cable/dtt.

ciao

Rob van der Does
29-08-12, 13:52
"last scanned" is crap. I contains ALL channel from last scan.
Nope, I find it handy. But if you don't want to use it, just don't open that bouquet.

It contains ALL channel from last scan.
Indeed, as the name suggests ;)