PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Ultimo] Problem with B Tuner since Software updates evening 28th August

The Jazzman
28-08-12, 22:06
Just to ask if anyone else has experienced a tuner problem since this evening's software update to Vix 3.0?

What I'm finding is basically a black/ blank screen with flashes/ blocks of the image trying to work their way through. At first I wondered if it was a cable problem, so swapped about all the three cables, but made no difference.

A & C work fine, but B seems to have died on me. :confused:

Is it just me or is there something else at work?

John

basilyoung
28-08-12, 22:08
no problems here om my ultimo,..i also upgraded this evening

The Jazzman
28-08-12, 22:46
Thanks for that.

I did have some problems when I first got the Ultimo in Jan, but put it down to it being my first Linux box! More than a few operator rather than hardware problems.

I might try re-flashing with 2.3 to see if rolling back helps, as it was fine under that. If not it will be a shout out to Stef for some help - again!

tomthebomb1968
28-08-12, 22:52
Ive just updated my ultimo and I have lost my A tuner. My setup is 2 dvbs2 tuners. Tuner A set for usals, tuner b set on 28,2. A has gone.

Gonna try a full hard reboot n see if it fixes it.

Larry-G
28-08-12, 22:56
have you guys upgraded the FPGA ?. as this is a necessary update to work along side the new drivers in the image. also the FPGA flashes the chip that actually controls the Tuner cards so that could explain why your having problems.

tomthebomb1968
28-08-12, 23:08
Yeah i had done that, full reboot brought it back to life.

The Jazzman
29-08-12, 11:10
No, I hadn't realized that was also required. Everything did seem to fine when I flashed the box last week, it was only after the updates yesterday that the problems occurred.

Could you give me a pointer as to what is required please?

Thanks

Alanp
29-08-12, 11:15
Go to your plugin menu long blue button press you should see FPGA update select it then select download green button i think you box should reboot when completed

The Jazzman
29-08-12, 18:35
Thanks for the direction, now have all the tuners work.

Would say the way to perform the upgrade wasn't too clear, but I just started on an educated guess and was lucky enough to hit the right way.

Thanks again.

Tropheus
11-09-12, 20:27
How do you know what version of FPGA you are running and what version is available to download.....

I recently upgraded the FPGA but I cannot see to what version and the upgrade Firmware is still telling me to download and flash........

Rob van der Does
11-09-12, 20:35
There's no way to see what FPGA version has been loaded; just update (once) with the latest version.
And a firmware upgrade is a different thing (see menu --> information for present version).