PDA

View Full Version : Vu+Duo and USB DTT

DRAGO.NET
05-09-10, 17:48
Without the Dream Elite, we Italians do not use more USB DTT.
I hope you make a image that uses the USB DTT; to see our subscription or Dahila Mediaset Premium.

grtmoby
05-09-10, 18:06
it is planned in the next release of our VIX image.

DRAGO.NET
05-09-10, 19:02

thanks for the almost immediate response ...

Vix'll put then on my receiver .. Vu + Duo

Sicilian
06-09-10, 13:50
@ Drago can you not tune to Tivusat?

dalraist
07-09-10, 12:54
@ Drago can you not tune to Tivusat?

Main reason to all this pressing on DVB-T by Italian guys is that there are a lot of local and national channels, sometimes even more appealing than what you can find in DVB-S only.
So, thanks a lot if you're taking care of this improvement.

rockerduck
07-09-10, 12:58
There is the Mediaset Premium paytv bouquet too...

dalraist
07-09-10, 13:04
There is the Mediaset Premium paytv bouquet too...

That's what I meant with "appealing national channels" :D

Sicilian
07-09-10, 13:38
So theres more available on DVB-T than what you get on Tivusat and Mediaset on DVB-S?

Unfortunately we've no actual plans to implement DVB-T, but who knows in the future. Problem being even with the DE image there was always sync issues when using DVB-T.

BKD
07-09-10, 14:58
So theres more available on DVB-T than what you get on Tivusat and Mediaset on DVB-S?

Unfortunately we've no actual plans to implement DVB-T, but who knows in the future. Problem being even with the DE image there was always sync issues when using DVB-T.

Ah... that's bad to hear. We've got problems in Sweden as well... at least the ones who has Swedish "Canal Digital" as provider. They cannot legally distribute some quite popular FTA DVB-T channel. So... because of this (actually it's the Mrs' opinion :)) I'm kind of stuck with the latest DE image.

Sicilian
07-09-10, 15:32
Ah... that's bad to hear. We've got problems in Sweden as well... at least the ones who has Swedish "Canal Digital" as provider. They cannot legally distribute some quite popular FTA DVB-T channel. So... because of this (actually it's the Mrs' opinion :)) I'm kind of stuck with the latest DE image.

Yes but can you actually use the DVB-T without any sync issues?

I tested DVB-T in the UK and got some very bad sync issues, that's why I'm quite hesitant on asking the team to spend hours trying to implement something that wont work 100%.

klaus560
07-09-10, 18:16
Yes but can you actually use the DVB-T without any sync issues?

I tested DVB-T in the UK and got some very bad sync issues, that's why I'm quite hesitant on asking the team to spend hours trying to implement something that wont work 100%.

ask, ask ::D:D

synchronization problems there are also images DE from HD channels.

DTT to 90% better than nothing.

Continue to play things will get better

Bye and thanks

bob1
07-09-10, 18:49
So what is it yes or no ,grtmoby says yes Sicilian says no, yes there was lipsync issues on some channels but recording was always fine ,even if you paused the channel and watched it all was fine.
If its possible to do even if its not 100% i would put in on ,if people want to use it with faults leave the choice to them ,it would certainly be the icing on the cake for an already great image.

rockerduck
07-09-10, 20:39
yes, the trick is to use timeshift or to watch e recorded event....

Sicilian
07-09-10, 21:00
Guy's, we can't say yes or no at this stage, remember this if our first image.

Obviously this is something we'll look into at some stage, along with a long list of others things.

If anyone out there has coding experience and can help us along with implementing USB DVB-T please send me a PM.

Please be patient.

DRAGO.NET
07-09-10, 23:26
We Italians to 90% of DE users, spend all the images that supports USB DTT.
In Italy, we have an on DTT Mediaset Premium, which also offers an alternative to Sky IT football, and movies and TV series of quality.
The DTT is also a reason for the large spread in Italy of Vu +
Vu + 90% of Italians mount the DE with DTT; without DE we are orphans of DTT.

Beor
08-09-10, 07:54
Guy's, we can't say yes or no at this stage, remember this if our first image.

Obviously this is something we'll look into at some stage, along with a long list of others things.

If anyone out there has coding experience and can help us along with implementing USB DVB-T please send me a PM.

Please be patient.

U have a pm sicilian.

Cu

Sicilian
08-09-10, 08:10
U have a pm sicilian.

Cu

Thanks Beor, I forward it to our team coder.

DRAGO.NET
19-09-10, 22:24

When we have a new Vix with USB DVB-t ??

Sicilian
20-09-10, 05:42
When we have a new Vix with USB DVB-t ??

There is a new ViX image due soon, but i'm afraid it won't have DVB-T just yet.

Zapp
21-09-10, 22:26
Hi all, my first post here, and I am currently holding on to the late DE 1.3.3 because of the USB DTT tuner. Sync is an issue only on HD dtt channels, and even that can easily be cured with a 2 secs timeshift. I would love to try your image, except I am afraid I will lose my current setup, which is something I can't risk. I really hope you will add DTT support soon.
Also, I would appreciate some1 to guide me through the process of making a total backup of my current DE image & setup. I am a programmer myself and have been for 30 years now, but not a Linux one: I am a newbie here.

Thank'you very much for your effort

grtmoby
21-09-10, 22:34
Hi all, my first post here, and I am currently holding on to the late DE 1.3.3 because of the USB DTT tuner. Sync is an issue only on HD dtt channels, and even that can easily be cured with a 2 secs timeshift. I would love to try your image, except I am afraid I will lose my current setup, which is something I can't risk. I really hope you will add DTT support soon.
Also, I would appreciate some1 to guide me through the process of making a total backup of my current DE image & setup. I am a programmer myself and have been for 30 years now, but not a Linux one: I am a newbie here.

Thank'you very much for your effort

hello and :welcome: on board m8

doing a full image backup to be restored later if needed is pretty easy.

have a look here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?262-Image-Backup-Scripts-for-VU-DUO-Dream-Elite-images-only)
or u can use the attachement

same results at the end...

guff daddy
22-09-10, 08:08
To be fair, teams out there with years of experience both with Dreambox and Vu+ such as PLI haven't been able to implement DTT. Why would you expect a relatively novice team to be able to do this with a bugfix revision of their first image ?

If DTT support was so important to anyone then they should have bought a DM8000.

soulmate
23-09-10, 13:46
If DTT support was so important to anyone then they should have bought a DM8000.

Not every Italian has 900 Euros to pull into some German producer's A@#} and their so-called "independent" image team, fighting each and everyone threatening their position as leading elitist dreambox image team. So with DE on hiatus, UK's novice team headed by a "Sicilian" is their last hope!
I guess we have to be patient but I am quite confident in the team's skills. As mentioned previously VU+ is quite popular in Italy and I imagine an implementation of DTT would boost this image's popularity.
I am somewhat dreaming but isn't it possible to establish a connection to Dream Elite's coders? What are they doing nowadays....:D:D:D:D:D

grtmoby
23-09-10, 13:50
it shall be the best hope with a gorgeous outcoming

just a bit of time is needed.

Sicilian
23-09-10, 14:42
I am somewhat dreaming but isn't it possible to establish a connection to Dream Elite's coders? What are they doing nowadays....:D:D:D:D:D

If anyone has their contact details please feel free to send me a PM and I will contact them asking if they would be prepared to release their USB DBT-T drivers to us :)

soulmate
23-09-10, 15:06
I don't have the contact details for these guys but I suggest getting in touch with the people at the German Vu+ Support Forum ! Would be nice to see teams actually working together.They are/or at least used to be in contact with those guys at DE.

For a starter I suggest having a look at the latest DE Elite ( 1.33F afaik). The things you need should be there. The User DrData made a "Quick&Dirty DVB-T Hack" for the PLiImage using:

/lib/modules (kernel modules)
/lib/firmware
/usr/bin/usbtuner
/usr/bin/delitedtt.sh

If you need any help in exchanging between the two boards - even though I am very very new to Vu+ and just a simple user - I will be glad to help you out...

OldSkulRide
23-09-10, 15:38
DE wont release any sources guys. I read on some other forum that two/three members of DE team worked 6 months on this and this in one of the reasons why they dont want to share.
Not everyone is like PLi team which is completely opensource.

DRAGO.NET
23-09-10, 20:45
Hi,

Waiting for the VIX with DTT .......
Can I have a Backup for Vu + Duo for any image (PLI or DE ) must support DVB-T for Win Hauppage Nova-T stick?

if you can not post it, even in PM

THANKS.....

grtmoby
23-09-10, 20:49
u can download the DE 133F from the forum DRAGO

it supports DTT

pooface
23-09-10, 20:52
DE wont release any sources guys. I read on some other forum that two/three members of DE team worked 6 months on this and this in one of the reasons why they dont want to share.
Not everyone is like PLi team which is completely opensource.

To be honest, can understand why... But, it would be nice if someone had contact details for angelofsky and Dpeddi, and they wanted to join a new team, then that'd be good ;) hehe (assuming they weren't the ones who were wanting to close the project the most...)

DRAGO.NET
23-09-10, 21:55
u can download the DE 133F from the forum DRAGO

it supports DTT

without the support of the server online
De is not usable

jusaju
24-09-10, 01:40
without the support of the server online
De is not usable

Hi

Why ?

(basic addons server is not working..is not a good answer..please more detailed..so somebody may help You)

If it worked earlier with You then it must work still.

DRAGO.NET
24-09-10, 08:17
If I put the DE; panel addons does not work.
If I put a hand drivers, either.
I have a Hauppage Win and the Nova-T Stick

pooface
24-09-10, 09:22
From what I remember, when using a dtt, you needed to connect to the de server to download the dtt drivers... Of course, the de server is not up and running, so cannot download the drivers...

DRAGO.NET
24-09-10, 12:27
From what I remember, when using a dtt, you needed to connect to the de server to download the dtt drivers... Of course, the de server is not up and running, so cannot download the drivers...

exactly!!!!

Sicilian
24-09-10, 12:35
@ Drago, instead of keep asking, why don't you go and do some research on how to implement this feature, then come back and help us implement it :)

DRAGO.NET
24-09-10, 12:42
I am asking on various forums where they are writing.

It seems that the DVB-T Duo + Vu is on a subject that nobody cares.
there are solutions only for the AVerTV HD Black fly.
If I allowed I can post the link for this solution, but the USB DVB-T antennas most commonly used are:
AVerTV Volar Black HD
Hauppage WinTV Nova-T Stick

For the second antenna nobody has a solution?

Sicilian
24-09-10, 12:54
You can post the info but no links to other forums.

pooface
24-09-10, 13:09
If it's on the german vuplus support site, we've already seen the posts there... As you state, not really any good just having the 1 supported device. Would be more useful to get the full array of devices like what de had...

DRAGO.NET
24-09-10, 13:14
If it's on the german vuplus support site, we've already seen the posts there... As you state, not really any good just having the 1 supported device. Would be more useful to get the full array of devices like what de had...

That 's what I'm asking .....
Maybe I'm giving nuisance. Unfortunately I can not do it alone, to my knowledge there's not much. I do testers ...

I have a friend who Vu + Duo with the elite dream and installed Hauppage ...
if you want I can send you the backup of the image ..
If you can help .........

givecredit
28-09-10, 18:57
If I put the DE; panel addons does not work.
If I put a hand drivers, either.
I have a Hauppage Win and the Nova-T Stick Saw this on another forum. Does it work with Vu+
As we all know the Dream Elite server is "dead".
But now it's got a new server where you can download the plugins directly via remote control. All you have to do is to change where to download these plugins from.

Proceed as follows:

Make sure you have installed Dream Elite 1.33
FTP file "DE-softcam-feed.ipk" to the "tmp" on your Dreambox

Press the green button on the remote control
Press the yellow button on the remote control
Select "Manual Install IPK packges"
Choose to install "DE-softcam-feed.ipk"

Press Menu / Settings / System / Customize
Change the "Setup Type" to "Expert"
Press Menu / Setup / Software Management / Advanced Options / Choose upgrade source
Select "softcams-feed" and click OK
Press the Exit
Choose "package management" and wait for "packet manager" lists the entire list of downloadable plugins.

Then select what you want to download. Simple and easy

orion_quest1
28-09-10, 21:52
Yes,but no drivers for usb dtt .....plugins only

DRAGO.NET
28-09-10, 23:14
Saw this on another forum. Does it work with Vu+
As we all know the Dream Elite server is "dead".
But now it's got a new server where you can download the plugins directly via remote control. All you have to do is to change where to download these plugins from.

Proceed as follows:

Make sure you have installed Dream Elite 1.33
FTP file "DE-softcam-feed.ipk" to the "tmp" on your Dreambox

Press the green button on the remote control
Press the yellow button on the remote control
Select "Manual Install IPK packges"
Choose to install "DE-softcam-feed.ipk"

Press Menu / Settings / System / Customize
Change the "Setup Type" to "Expert"
Press Menu / Setup / Software Management / Advanced Options / Choose upgrade source
Select "softcams-feed" and click OK
Press the Exit
Choose "package management" and wait for "packet manager" lists the entire list of downloadable plugins.

Then select what you want to download. Simple and easy

TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE:
only addon server from PRZ ITALY you dont need to change your orignal DE Image
overwrite the file DeliteSettings.pyo
in - usr/lib/enigma2/python/Delite /DeliteSettings.pyo
and deaddons in etc.
so new addon server works!

***.uploaded.to/file/4na4r5

DRAGO.NET
27-10-10, 18:43
TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE:
only addon server from PRZ ITALY you dont need to change your orignal DE Image
overwrite the file DeliteSettings.pyo
in - usr/lib/enigma2/python/Delite /DeliteSettings.pyo
and deaddons in etc.
so new addon server works!

***.uploaded.to/file/4na4r5

The problem of the DVB-T is solved only for the Dream ..
What have the old Dream Elite, PRZ Italy, the new SifTeam Extreme Edition.
While the owners of the VU + have not yet officially an image that supports the DVB-T "with the Hauppage or Avermedia

Palinkat
28-10-10, 18:13
What's wrong with the sundtek dvb-t/c usb tuner, the drivers work fine on VIX 1.1:
http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?3117-sundtek-dvb-t-c-usb-vix-driver

superplakis
28-10-10, 18:14
with openpli avermedia is ok!

sundteck is too expensive guy

MikeW
02-11-10, 15:13
I've had great use of DVB-T when using Dream Elite BH 133F and TerraTec Cinergy T Stick (just 35€ here)
All channels (Denmark) in perfect sync, except DR HD, so I would greatly appreciate if anyone could implement this feature

DRAGO.NET
02-11-10, 19:10
The "Vix team would have implemented the DVB-T (see other post)
But today, even after the last image, if not speak again ......

waiting patiently ..........

bob1
02-11-10, 19:54
Nueva TodoDream V-1.0 is working with Hauppage ,tried it myself at the weekend ,i prefer vix though so i will wait and see what happens.