PDA

View Full Version : Continuity restarts in Uno

evam1
27-08-12, 13:01
Spending one of addons for email (BH 1.7.6), and the receiver is constantly rebooting (green screen) without being able to go at all in the menu to uninstall. Note, that before and did some restarts, but now "current" continuity. How can I restore it? Shutting behind him completely, reboot again! What happens now?

Larry-G
27-08-12, 13:04
obviously this plugin does not agree with your chosen image, if you can still gain FTP access to the receiver you can try to remove the plugin manually. if not then you may just have to bite the bullet and re-install the image again. or if you have created a image backup use that to restore the receiver to a working state.

evam1
27-08-12, 13:42
obviously this plugin does not agree with your chosen image, if you can still gain FTP access to the receiver you can try to remove the plugin manually. if not then you may just have to bite the bullet and re-install the image again. or if you have created a image backup use that to restore the receiver to a working state.

Try to reinstall BH 1.7.6 (as here say http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8148-How-to-flash-Upgrade-Vu-Uno-via-USB-memory-stick) but NOTHING! Reboots again and again with green screen!

Larry-G
27-08-12, 13:46
when flashing a Uno you have to press a button on the front of the receiver when told to. I cant remember the exact button but it will flash up on the display which one you need to press.

also make sure the USB stick is formatted to FAT32 before placing the image files on it and remove all other USB devices from the receiver.

if it still wont recognize the USB stick try another.

Mr. Mister
27-08-12, 13:46
Did you press the " - " button on the receiver when asked to.. ??

evam1
27-08-12, 14:06
Did you press the " - " button on the receiver when asked to.. ??

a) Nothing appears in screen - again the "booting BH" next "starting BH" and after fiew sec reboot in green screen! Press the "ch-" before...nothing! Press the "ch-" when open from back switch...nothing

Pheonix the usb is OK and recognized of Uno but I'll try with another!
Stand by please:)

Larry-G
27-08-12, 14:09
make sure you have the files in the correct format.

download the image file and extract it with winrar / winzip or a similar program. then place the folder named vuplus and all of it's contents directly into the root of the USB stick.

now power down the receiver and place the USB stick into any of the USB ports ( i use the front one but any will do ). now power the receiver back on and follow the prompts on the VFD.

Mr. Mister
27-08-12, 14:11
Power off Uno..

Put USB stick with new image in Uno

Power on Uno..

As soon as you see the front display come on Uno.. Press the CH- button on front of receiver..

You should then see a message on Uno display saying something like.. " Reading USB "

If its not saying that.. then the Uno is not flashing a new image..

evam1
27-08-12, 14:44
Power off Uno..

Put USB stick with new image in Uno

Power on Uno..

As soon as you see the front display come on Uno.. Press the CH- button on front of receiver..

You should then see a message on Uno display saying something like.. " Reading USB "

If its not saying that.. then the Uno is not flashing a new image..
Αnd nothing again!
What can I to do if Mr. Mister has right?

Larry-G
27-08-12, 14:46
it looks like the Uno is not detecting the Image files on the USB stick. try with a different image and make sure you have the image files in the correct format on the USB stick with no other USB devices connected at the same time.

evam1
27-08-12, 15:26
Finally found a solution (with the help of a friend by a greek forum): with netscan found the ip, with filezila deleted addon for email and it worked!
The problem with the usb remained this will investigate.
Thank you very much!:thumbsup: