PDA

View Full Version : Partnerbox Plugin

bangorbob
27-08-12, 12:10
I have purchased the solo and have Vix 2.4 installed, I also have a Duo and would like to connect the two using the partnerbox plugin. When I go into plugin downloads, extensions I install the partnerbox plugin but after install it says:-
"Some plugins are not available"
Extensions/Partnerbox (epgselection)
Extensions/Partnerbox (epgselection)

I have searched for epgselection but cant find it, also the Partnerbox Plugin does not show in the installed plugins list.

Does anyone have any idea re this, I'm thinking that maybe partnerbox is not compatable with Vix 2.4

Thanks in advance.

Rob van der Does
27-08-12, 12:20
Partnerbox is not compatible anymore, and will be deleted from the feeds.
No problem though, as the plugin is obsolete.
You can use the plugin 'Remote Channel Converter' (available from the feeds) to copy bouquets from the Server box to the client box. They will than be available as 'normal' bouquets, including EPG. This is the modern way, and much more convenient.

If desired, you can also download the 'Remote Timer' plugin to set timers on the server box from the client box.

BTW: why did you install ViX 2,4? This is not supported anymore, and has been superseded by version 3.0.

Larry-G
27-08-12, 12:25
+1 for Remote Channel Converter.

I use this plugin my self on a uno where i temporarily dont have a feed from the dish, to stream channels from my ultimo which is in a different room.

It works fantastically well and is very easy to setup.

bangorbob
27-08-12, 12:50
Many Thanks for the replys, Rob I actually did install 3.0 my typo, I will look into the plugins you have suggested and give them ago.

bangorbob
27-08-12, 13:03
Rob, I am looking to find the plugin (Remote Channel Converter) but can only see the one's in the screenshot, am I looking in the wrong place.

judge
27-08-12, 13:08
It's remotestreamconvert & can be seen in your screenshot.

Larry-G
27-08-12, 13:09
it's proper name is remotestreamconvert, you should be able to find it in the plugins feeds. If not let me know and i can upload a version i have although i am not sure if it's the latest version.

bangorbob
27-08-12, 13:13
Thanks Guys, well sorted. :thumbsup:

bangorbob
27-08-12, 15:38
Back Again,

I have installed all the plugins that mention "remotestreamconvert" but it dos'nt appear in the plungins list. I must be missing something. How do I get it to run.

Larry-G
27-08-12, 15:46
it wont appear in plugins it will be in the same sub section as blindscan and tuner setup etc. ( cant think of the exact name and no way to check as i'm at work ).

judge
27-08-12, 15:47
It shows up in Menu -> Setup -> Service Serching

Larry-G
27-08-12, 15:49
It shows up in Menu -> Setup -> Service Serching

Thats the one buddy, muchas gracias amigo.

bangorbob
27-08-12, 16:36
Got it up and running, thanks to everyone involved.