PDA

View Full Version : Can I force the receiver to use a particular tuner?

meggers
05-09-10, 15:55
Ok, from searching it appears that the receiver decides which tuner to use....but..

I am using Dream Elite image and have 4 Dishes on Tuner A including Hotbird. I have one fixed dish on Tuner B pointed at Hotbird. I can watch and record another channel on Hotbird with any issue.

Today however, I had to disconnect by fixed dish (Tuner B). When I did this I am unable to view any channels on Hotbird. I would have expected the receiver to automatically kick in to Tuner B.

Is there a way to force (tell) the box to use a particular tuner?

grtmoby
05-09-10, 17:59
when u disconnected tuner B, did u modify its settings in tuner configuration.

if u didn't then the duo is still looking for signal from it coz it will give it the priority as coz a single dish versus one that's using diseqc or motorized.

meggers
09-09-10, 15:00
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that sorted it.

However, I still want to know if I can force the VU+ Duo to use a particular tuner when viewing a channel?

One of my dishes acts up a bit in the weather and if I want to watch a channel on that satellite I have to disconnect the tuner and modify the settings. (I know I could get a Dual LNB for the better dish but .... its a long story).

when u disconnected tuner B, did u modify its settings in tuner configuration.

if u didn't then the duo is still looking for signal from it coz it will give it the priority as coz a single dish versus one that's using diseqc or motorized.

grtmoby
09-09-10, 15:08
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, that sorted it.

However, I still want to know if I can force the VU+ Duo to use a particular tuner when viewing a channel?

One of my dishes acts up a bit in the weather and if I want to watch a channel on that satellite I have to disconnect the tuner and modify the settings. (I know I could get a Dual LNB for the better dish but .... its a long story).

unfortunately, this is not possible afaik.