PDA

View Full Version : Amiko Alien 2

chrislfc
26-08-12, 18:38
are openVIX team going to support Amiko Alien 2

Sicilian
26-08-12, 21:38
No, we will not hack our Enimga 2 to run on crappy spark based receiver. OE, Enimga 2 and its plugins will only run correctly on Broadcom MIPS based receivers. Enigma 2 will only run on spark based receivers if majorly hacked. Do yourself a favour and stick to a Broadcom MIPS based receiver.

Larry-G
26-08-12, 21:41
These receivers are as pointed out not broadcom based and as such any Enigma 2 image produced is nothing more than a port or a hack rather than a native E2 image built specifically for this hardware / processor. I personally would avoid these receivers as its very unlikely they will gain any serious support on the E2 side of things.

welder1977
04-11-12, 15:46
So I brought a "CRAPPY BOX" this morning! www.world-of-satellite.co.uk have been promoting it and this forum as the place to go for all my needs, and now all I read from forum staff is there crap and there's not gonna be any support in the future??
So should I cancel and stick with forever supported DM clones!?

Larry-G
04-11-12, 15:54
for what it does, IE for watching TV the spark OS is more than adequate but and we have never made any secret of this, due to the STI processor this unit runs on it will never have a ViX image running on it.

Sicilian
04-11-12, 16:48
So I brought a "CRAPPY BOX" this morning! www.world-of-satellite.co.uk (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk) have been promoting it and this forum as the place to go for all my needs, and now all I read from forum staff is there crap and there's not gonna be any support in the future??

The Spark OS has some real great features, but if your expecting full 7day epg etc.., its best to stick with a broadcom based Enigma 2 receiver. In hindsight my post was a little harsh as I hadn't tested a unit up until now.

Larry-G
04-11-12, 17:18
So I brought a "CRAPPY BOX" this morning! www.world-of-satellite.co.uk have been promoting it and this forum as the place to go for all my needs, and now all I read from forum staff is there crap and there's not gonna be any support in the future??

It is worth pointing out that the post to which you drew your reference from was made over 3 months ago and at that time Enigma2 was at best unstable for these receivers and at worst down rite awful. now dont get me wrong I still firmly believe that Enigma2 on this receiver will never be on par with a broadcom based receiver such as a Vu+ Duo, unless the manufacturers work very closely with software devs to produce suitable drivers and modify plugins to run on the STI architecture. That said The base firmware ( spark ) is now coming along nicely and does it's job very well ).

So i for one will put my hands up and say if you'r looking for a box just to watch TV or view a youtube vid etc This fits the bill, but if you want a Enigma2 receiver best go for one built on the broadcom chipset rather than the sti chipset as this receiver is.